Ok, I've played through my entire list of games over and over, and just finished all my RPG's for the millionth time.

I'm looking for a game in the action-RPG genra, console/computer doesn't matter much to me (the older, the better :D). For you old timers, think Sorcerian.

MMO's need not apply.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Have you tried Oblivion or Mass Effect? I have played both as many many have. Great games with a bit of combat. Also, The Orange-box with Half Life 1, 2 and a add on can't be ignored.

SnareSpectre

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
Mass Effect is a thumbs-up, plus I seem to be going nuts on Titan Quest lately...the single-player game is SOOO long and although it gets a little repetitive at times, I've never been bored with it. As for The Witcher - I've tried to get into it a couple of times now, playing it for an hour or two each time and I just can't do it. I know a ton of people love it, but the controls seem to be so unresponsive to me that it ruins the experience. I know I'm in the minority here, but I figured I'd throw that one out there.

I actually have the GOTY edition of Oblivion, but its sooooo damn BIG! If the class system was a bit more in depth, then maybe...

I've been meaning to give Mass Effect a try, but its not exactly the genra i'm looking for...

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Then could you possibly be more specific about what genre you ARE looking for? When I think Action RPG Mass Effect, The Witcher, and Diablo II are the titles that come immediately to mind. Give us a list of some of the games you did like and maybe we can be of more help.

malveaux

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008

Heya,

I assume you've already played through Baldur's Gate II many, many times as many different classes. I also assume you've played through the entire Icewind Dale series. And I assume you've played through Planescape Torment. Lastly, I must assume you've played through Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 several times for the multiple different endings and class approaches. If you have not done these, several times, then you sir have not been playing the greatest RPG's and it's time for you to dive into a year's worth of content for day to day "OMG".

Beyond that, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 are amazing and have a huge load of content and possibilities.

In another direction, have you played Jedi Apprentice? Amazing game.

Very best,

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Neverwinter Nights 1&2, Fallout bundle (1,2 and Tactics), Dungeon Seige, Morrowind (with both expansions), BG II, IWD, Witcher, Half Life (orange Box)

(all can be found on Amazon) or wait till Mid September and go to: Http://www.gog.com/

Latest posts