Too Human Review

tmeacham

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005
Review by Rob Wright.

Silicon Knights' long-awaited science fiction RPG introduces a unique world based on Norse mythology and blends melee combat and third person shooter action for an epic adventure. But does Too Human match its grand vision?

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/08/27/toohuman_review/

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
This game has been on my radar for a while. I'm still not sure if I should throw money down on it. At least not full retail. If other big and interesting games were not immenent I'd probably bite. Had the game come out one month earlier I'd have picked it up, but right now, I'm still amused with Soul Calibur 4 and in a bit over a week I'll be addicted to Warhammer Online.

I'm going to take a wait and see attitude. The reviews are generally giving it a decent rating but not a really good one so I'll wait and see what the pricetag does.

MrIcky

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
I am with the reviewer on this one.

I've actually finished the campaign 2x as a defender (level 42), 1x as a commando, I'm just just hitting the undead with a champion.

There are a lot of weaknesses in this game, but some amazing strengths. When you play the game right and control your space, switching quickly between guns and melee weapons- it really is a great gameplay experience.

Some gameplay issues- the hammer is clearly OP'd compared to the other weapons. It is the best weapon to use to control your space. Target switching with guns can be a real pain in the ass. Especially trying to target bosses when you have a lot of mobs between you and the big target. The camera can be wonky. I hit the LB constantly when I'm fighting. There is not a huge variety in targets until the undead, when suddenly you have mobs that explode in different ways (which you can use against the enemy). It has a lot of the diablo-feel where they were all the same mob- just painted a different color.

After you've through it once you can just get into the 'flow' of the fighting. Plus the loot system is engaging once you get sets. It will keep me busy until SW: TFU comes out.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Well, it will be a long while before I get around to this game. I just picked up Disgaea 3 which will probably fuel my repetitive level grind addiction for quite a while.

This game sounds interesting, but I probably won't get it until it gets dirt cheap.