driver for pavilion notebook needed!

I've been doing some work on my friends hp pavilion n3478 notebook. She
didn't know a lot about computers so it was so muddled up with viruses and
spyware windows me needed to be reinstalled. The problem was she didn't
have andy of the original software, so I had to put on a retail version of
Me and this has left me with a generic windows vga driver and 16 color,
600X480 resolution. Needless to say, this isn't acceptable and the hp site
doesn't have any drivers for this model. Anyone have any idea where I can
find the latest driver for this notebook? Thanks

"Vivid Maniac" <biggs88nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've been doing some work on my friends hp pavilion n3478 notebook. She
> didn't know a lot about computers so it was so muddled up with viruses and
> spyware windows me needed to be reinstalled. The problem was she didn't
> have andy of the original software, so I had to put on a retail version of
> Me and this has left me with a generic windows vga driver and 16 color,
> 600X480 resolution. Needless to say, this isn't acceptable and the hp
site
> doesn't have any drivers for this model. Anyone have any idea where I can
> find the latest driver for this notebook? Thanks

Depends how hard you look:
http://search.hp.com/gwuseng/query.html?submit.x=4&submit.y=6&qt=n3478&la=en&col=hpcom+ccen+ccenfor

and the drivers page:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=57780&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=

For Windows 98:
(Audio/Modem Drivers & BIOS File)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=57780&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=&os=20

For Windows 2000:
(HP Configuration Utility)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=57780&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=&os=181

For OS Dependent:
(For Battery)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=57780&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=&os=54

You can also try http://www.driversguide.com which you can sign up at for
free. However I just looked and they nothing on this model. So that is all
there is that I can see. You can also try http://ww.google.com and search on
the model name and number and it may have drivers from other users.

Elector