Can't keep connection up

I am about to pull my hair out (what's left that is):

When I first got my Linksys WRT54G Router and two WMP54G Wireless
NIC's, I installed the NIC's and configured the Router, the Networking
info and things were cooking. One PC seems to always have a better
connection than the other. We were only about 10 to 15 feet away from
the router at all times.

At any rate, my pc is now, for some reason, not able to connect at
all. I have tried everything that I can think of - complete with
windows reinstall (yeah, I know...) and I simply can't get this to
stay up.

My wireless zero config keeps popping up with "A network is
available", but I'll be damned if it'll let me connect.

I am simply disgusted with this whole thing, and so are our neighbor
upstairs. They've resolved to simply run cables instead, but I still
see their SSID showing up on my pc occasionally.

Is there a website anywhere that can help in troubleshooting this
kinda thing? I had great connectivity when I first got this thing, I
should be able to do it again.

Thanks,
Joe

Im just guessing here but possibly the laptop that isnt workin is
using xp and the one that is working is using another os.
I had a similar prob before and solved it by editing the wireless
settings of xp in the control panel.
This may help

Regards

Damo642

No, actually they're both running XPHome. And they're both desktops.

Joe

Can you please explain how you edited these settings because I have the same
problem with equipment from 3COM.
Thanks.