XP Pro Install - Screen Locks Up

I have just formatted my drive and wanted to install XP Pro. I go through
the process of install and asking a fresh copy of XP be installed all of a
sudden the screen just locks up. Sometime it is pure blue and others it has
vertical lines. Only way to get out of this is to power off the machine from
the back. Please help
1 answer Last reply
More about install screen locks

    To perform a clean install of Windows XP:

    "Windows XP Clean Install (Interactive Setup)"
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

    Keep in mind that you also need to reinstall the drivers that were provided
    with your computer.

    Ted Zieglar

    "Newbie" <Newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just formatted my drive and wanted to install XP Pro. I go through
    > the process of install and asking a fresh copy of XP be installed all of a
    > sudden the screen just locks up. Sometime it is pure blue and others it
    > has
    > vertical lines. Only way to get out of this is to power off the machine
    > from
    > the back. Please help

Microsoft Windows XP