Deciding Which Games I should get for my new gaming PC

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Gaming
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
August 29, 2008 6:33:34 AM

Hey, I enjoy every genre, but I prefer FPS, or action RPG. Please list your favourites, as I am looking to build quite a large collection, and I litteraly have nothing :p 

Thanks guys!

More about : deciding games gaming

August 29, 2008 11:31:25 AM

The Witcher, Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Oblivion, Morrowind (Oldie but a goodie), Company of Heroes (Strategy), Supreme Commander (Strategy), Painkiller, Orange Box (Most essential game on this list), Day of Defeat: Source, Counter Strike: Source, Battlefield 2 or 2142....

The list can go on and on.
August 29, 2008 11:46:53 AM

(since the sheep already listed what I was thinking lol)

Soon to come out Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and Crysis Warhead.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 29, 2008 11:51:57 AM

Thanks a bunch guys and I actually do have orange box :D , its the only game I do have, because it is awesome :p  And I'll absolutely look into those other games!
August 29, 2008 12:19:34 PM

F.E.A.R.

I only just recently got around to playing this and I highly recommend checking it out! :) 
August 29, 2008 12:54:52 PM

For a mix of FPS / RPG, get BIOSHOCK!!!!!!!

If you've never played this, it's a sweet ass game and looks good to boot.

Also on the list:

COD4
Orange Box
HL:2 (Episode 1 and 2 as well)
COH (Company of Heroes)
*edit*
How could I forget about this one?
Keep and eye out for Left 4 Dead from Valve. It's going to be a multiplayer zombie/survival game and looks promising so far.

That F.E.A.R game still scares the chit out of me. Haha.
August 29, 2008 1:30:12 PM

Bioshock and F.E.A.R. are the only one's that I'll repeat, as I don't like any of the other FPSs listed.

F.E.A.R. is an amazing game, Persus Mandate even moreso. Play in surround if at all possible. And, of course, late at night, with the only light in your room being the glow from your monitor (PC and accessory LEDs are allowed too).

You're not hardcore until you finish F.E.A.R. like that. I did. Never again.

Youtube link relative to my comment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s0wvYeGTHc
August 29, 2008 2:38:05 PM

Yeah Ive played F.E.A.R. Before, I love it!, And Ill definately be checking out all the games you guys have listed thanks :D !