Using Language Packs

Many foreign sites require a language pack to be installed. I assume that
these are currently stored in a compressed format somewhere in the system. Is
there any disadvantage to installing them?

I know that I still would not understand what is displayed but it would be
interesting and better than random garbage characters.

--
Dennis M. Marks
2 answers Last reply

    1. Launch Internet Explorer.
    2. From the Toolbar select: Help > Contents and Index > Search.
    3. In the Search box type: LANGUAGE , and click 'List Topics'.
    4. Click on: "Correctly display Web pages encoded in any language".

    Also:

    1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
    2. In the Search box type: LANGUAGE , and hit enter.
    3. Click on "Regional and Language Options overview".

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Dennis" wrote:

    | Many foreign sites require a language pack to be installed. I assume that
    | these are currently stored in a compressed format somewhere in the system. Is
    | there any disadvantage to installing them?
    |
    | I know that I still would not understand what is displayed but it would be
    | interesting and better than random garbage characters.
    |
    | --
    | Dennis M. Marks

    The language packs are not installed on your hard disk. When you arrive at a
    web page that requires it, you will be prompted to download the required
    language pack.

    Ted Zieglar

    "denmarks" <denmarks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Many foreign sites require a language pack to be installed. I assume that
    > these are currently stored in a compressed format somewhere in the system.
    > Is
    > there any disadvantage to installing them?
    >
    > I know that I still would not understand what is displayed but it would be
    > interesting and better than random garbage characters.
    >
    > --
    > Dennis M. Marks

Microsoft Format Windows XP