Using Language Packs

November 21, 2004 10:45:02 AM

Many foreign sites require a language pack to be installed. I assume that
these are currently stored in a compressed format somewhere in the system. Is
there any disadvantage to installing them?

I know that I still would not understand what is displayed but it would be
interesting and better than random garbage characters.

--
Dennis M. Marks

More about : language packs

Anonymous
November 21, 2004 12:58:38 PM

1. Launch Internet Explorer.
2. From the Toolbar select: Help > Contents and Index > Search.
3. In the Search box type: LANGUAGE , and click 'List Topics'.
4. Click on: "Correctly display Web pages encoded in any language".

Also:

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: LANGUAGE , and hit enter.
3. Click on "Regional and Language Options overview".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Dennis" wrote:

| Many foreign sites require a language pack to be installed. I assume that
| these are currently stored in a compressed format somewhere in the system. Is
| there any disadvantage to installing them?
|
| I know that I still would not understand what is displayed but it would be
| interesting and better than random garbage characters.
|
| --
| Dennis M. Marks
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 1:56:42 PM

The language packs are not installed on your hard disk. When you arrive at a
web page that requires it, you will be prompted to download the required
language pack.

Ted Zieglar

!