Sign in with
Your question

COD4 ISSUES!!!

Last response: in Video Games
August 31, 2008 5:31:01 AM

SO I just installed Cod4 on my second pc. Its alittle older but it still surpasses the minimum requirements. So when i boot up the game (multiplayer) it sometimes allows me to get into a server and play fine but most of the time it just goes back to the desktop with a black square in the corner (like when u have a nonresponsive program) before it allows me to get to the start screen of the game and it just freezes. When it lets me into the server and I quit the server when I am done it does the same thing and freezes. Now the weird thing is I have not had it freeze while I was on a server. Anyone have any ideas of why it does this? I have already tried reinstalling the game but that does nothing. IDK what the heck is wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

More about : cod4 issues

August 31, 2008 10:45:21 AM

Do you have ATItool running by any chance? its a long shot but i had a similar problem with Call of Duty 4 when i was using that program. It was a new build i was using too so i tore my hair out going through all the reasons it could have been. Or it might even be an issue with Punkbuster?
September 2, 2008 1:30:34 PM

Make sure you are fully patched.

Go to punkbusters site and download pbsetup (or whatever they call it this week...) and save it in your pb sub-directory. Add CoD4 as the game, and apply any punkbuster updates.

Also, what are your PC specs and in-game settings?
!