Convert from Netgear MR814v2 to Netgear WGR614v4

I have the MR814 setup now and want to upgrade to the WGR614 since I am
using a WG511 card. Do I have to make config changes or is it just a matter
of plugging in to the wgr614. Any help and description of what needs to be
done will be greatly appreciated.

tia

You cannot convert the MR814 to a WGR614. You can however, purchase a
WGR614 and use the WGR614 as your wireless router/AP. It is possible
to make the MR814 an access point only by connecting it to one of the
LAN ports on the WGR614, however, unless I'm mistaken, the speed might
be lessened because it is wireless b. If you didn't need an AP AND a
separate router before, just go ahead and purchase the WGR614 as a
replacement to the MR814.

Doug Jamal <unimportantbishiv6atyahoodotcom@yahoo.com> wrote in

> You cannot convert the MR814 to a WGR614. You can however, purchase a
> WGR614 and use the WGR614 as your wireless router/AP. It is possible
> to make the MR814 an access point only by connecting it to one of the
> LAN ports on the WGR614, however, unless I'm mistaken, the speed might
> be lessened because it is wireless b. If you didn't need an AP AND a
> separate router before, just go ahead and purchase the WGR614 as a
> replacement to the MR814.
>

> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:12:47 GMT, Dochan <dochan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have the MR814 setup now and want to upgrade to the WGR614 since I
>>am using a WG511 card. Do I have to make config changes or is it just
>>a matter of plugging in to the wgr614. Any help and description of
>>what needs to be done will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>tia

I already have the WGR614 and want to install it in place og the MR814.
can I just plug it in to the existing cofig or do i have to make chaanges

Yes, just remove the MR814 and attach the WGR614 to the modem in the
same manner you did with the MR814. Go to the router's interface menu
and enable wireless and DHCP, etc. Also, turn on encryption and MAC
filtering just like you did with the MR814. Enjoy!