Hotmail/yahoo websites not accesible

mani

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2004

HI

I bought a new DELL INSPIRON 8600 which has the WINDOWS XP OS loaded on it
with Service pack 2. I am trying to use the internet explorer to surf the
net. IT works fine except for checking hotmail and yahoo mails. I am not able
to check these 2 websites at all (mails). Even I think I have a problem
signing on or signing out of PASSPORT.

I have tried all the basic things like, delete cookies, temp files clean up
, digital signature file dll reload, security level check etc. I have even
re=installed the OS again to see if it might fix it. Still of no use.

Could you please let me know what else I need to do for the same to get this
thing working.

Regarding hotmail, I am able to reach the first page,. But as soon as I
enter my userid and password, it hangs up and soon says - Page not displayed
check ur internet connection.

With yahhoo, it takes me till the page showing INBOX. But once I clcik on
the folders like INBOX, it hangs up and the same error again.

Thanks

For Internet Explorer assistance:

Please visit the Internet Explorer newsgroup experts:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!