Can I go back to Outlook Express (from Outlook)?

We installed Office XP last week, and as a result we now have Outlook
as our email client.

I hate it...all I need for email is the simplicity of Outlook Express.

How do I go back to it, and make it my default email program?
5 answers Last reply
More about back outlook express from outlook

    From Internet Explorer --

    Tools | Internet Options...
    Click the "Programs" tab
    Change "E-Mail: " from Outlook to Outlook Express

    --
    steve

    nhit_whit_thenut_@yahoo.com
    remove _thenut_ to reach me

    <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > We installed Office XP last week, and as a result we now have Outlook
    > as our email client.
    >
    > I hate it...all I need for email is the simplicity of Outlook Express.
    >
    > How do I go back to it, and make it my default email program?

    <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > We installed Office XP last week, and as a result we now have Outlook
    > as our email client.
    >
    > I hate it...all I need for email is the simplicity of Outlook Express.
    >
    > How do I go back to it, and make it my default email program?

    Outlook basically hijacked my OE as the default mail reader also. So I did
    the following to get my OE back...

    In case other suggestion fails (I can't change it here.), just create
    shortcuts to msinn.exe (the mail program) found in the Outlook Express
    folder (C:/Program Files/Outlook Express), cut the shortcuts and
    strategically place and rename, say, on Desktop, on Start menu, other often
    used folders where needed.

    This works fine for me and my situation; hope same applies to yours.

    Malv

    Lol...Outlook doesn't "hijack" Outlook Express. That's a strange way of
    saying that you don't know how to make OE the default. Especially when
    instructions are in both programs' Help files.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "Malvern" <thisis@fak> wrote in message

    > <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > We installed Office XP last week, and as a result we now have Outlook
    > > as our email client.
    > >
    > > I hate it...all I need for email is the simplicity of Outlook Express.
    > >
    > > How do I go back to it, and make it my default email program?
    >
    > Outlook basically hijacked my OE as the default mail reader also. So I
    did
    > the following to get my OE back...
    >
    > In case other suggestion fails (I can't change it here.), just create
    > shortcuts to msinn.exe (the mail program) found in the Outlook Express
    > folder (C:/Program Files/Outlook Express), cut the shortcuts and
    > strategically place and rename, say, on Desktop, on Start menu, other
    often
    > used folders where needed.
    >
    > This works fine for me and my situation; hope same applies to yours.
    >
    > Malv

    >From Internet Explorer --
    >
    >Tools | Internet Options...
    >Click the "Programs" tab

    Thanks!

    I followed the so-called "instructions" to the letter. Next boot-up it's
    right back to Outlook when I check Options. At least here, OE has been
    hijacked as the default. What I suggested is what I did and all works fine
    (:

    There was a post in another NG that the user is having messages in OE
    opening in Outlook . My problem looks tame by comparison.

    Malv

    > Lol...Outlook doesn't "hijack" Outlook Express. That's a strange way of
    > saying that you don't know how to make OE the default. Especially when
    > instructions are in both programs' Help files.
    > --
    > Ted Zieglar
    >

    > "Malvern" <thisis@fak> wrote in message
    > >
    > > <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > We installed Office XP last week, and as a result we now have Outlook
    > > > as our email client.
    > > >
    > > > I hate it...all I need for email is the simplicity of Outlook Express.
    > > >
    > > > How do I go back to it, and make it my default email program?
    > >
    > > Outlook basically hijacked my OE as the default mail reader also. So I
    > did
    > > the following to get my OE back...
    > >
    > > In case other suggestion fails (I can't change it here.), just create
    > > shortcuts to msinn.exe (the mail program) found in the Outlook Express
    > > folder (C:/Program Files/Outlook Express), cut the shortcuts and
    > > strategically place and rename, say, on Desktop, on Start menu, other
    > often
    > > used folders where needed.
    > >
    > > This works fine for me and my situation; hope same applies to yours.
    > >
    > > Malv

Outlook Outlook Express Email Windows XP