using XP to dial my telephone

I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Can anyone help?
--
Grace and peace,
Shirley

To create a Phone Dialer desktop shortcut:

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select: New > Shortcut.
2. Type: "C:\Program Files\Windows NT\dialer.exe" , then click Next.
3. Name the shortcut "Phone Dialer" and click Finish.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Shirley"wrote:

| I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Can anyone help?
| --
| Grace and peace,
| Shirley

Perhaps this is what you're looking for: Open the Help and Support Center
and search for the article entitled 'Connecting using your modem'.
--
Ted Zieglar

"revshirl" <revshirl@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Can anyone help?
> --
> Grace and peace,
> Shirley

Hi, Shirley.

Do you have a dial-up modem? Since I switched to ADSL and retired my
dial-up modem, my computer has no way to dial at all. It's like trying to
dial without using a telephone. :>( DSL uses the phone line, but it's
"always on", so there's never any need to dial my ISP.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX