Sign in with
Your question

RE: tomsgames.com Stalker Clear Sky release date bumped again

Last response: in Video Games
September 4, 2008 1:35:11 PM

Stalker: Clear Sky is already available in Russia, Australia and possibly Europe now. It will be available on September the 5th via download on Steam. So far Stalker: CS has had 1 patch to fix bugs, and the next patch is coming on Friday and should be ready for the NA release.

Stalker: Clear Sky was recalled from store shelves because the company which printed the game shipped it without CD-Keys - this happened with The Witcher as well back in the day.

Collectors edition as far as I know is going to be Russian only, unfortunately.
September 4, 2008 7:58:29 PM

stemnin said:
Quote:
August 22, 2008 (Russian)
September 5, 2008 (EU)
September 15, 2008 (NA) [1]

For "1" : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Delayed Again, Recalled from North American Retailers

And they are talking about the American release date (one of the first lines of the article) http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/09/02/stalkerclearsky_...

yea, I know; but with the way he talks in the article it gives the tone that the game is going to be indefinitely delayed which is misleading to consumers.
September 4, 2008 8:17:38 PM

ovaltineplease said:
yea, I know; but with the way he talks in the article it gives the tone that the game is going to be indefinitely delayed which is misleading to consumers.

This is what was written: "S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky has been pushed back from its original North American release date of August 29th to September 5th and now beyond. This time no new release date has been projected. However some online retailers are slating for September 15th, tentatively. The official Clear Sky Web site, meanwhile, still states that the game will be "in stores everywhere on August 29th."

At this point, there has been no official word from the developer or publisher as to the exact date the game will hit retail shelves in North America. Heck, they haven't even updated the Web site. So it could be next week, the week after that or next month for all we know.
September 5, 2008 11:08:55 PM

Quote:
This is what was written: "S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Skyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.%3A_Clear_Sk... has been pushed back from its original North American release date of August 29th to September 5th and now beyond. This time no new release date has been projected.

Stalker: Clear Sky is unlocking on Steam in 8 hours from this post time. If that doesn't count as a "North American release" and only retail boxes do, then okay.

Allegedly they already have the game at a bunch of Walmarts and Bestbuys in the states, some made it to shelves but were pulled until tomorrow; unless those are recalls then I don't see why at least some locations shouldn't have the game available on retail shelves tomorrow.

Anyways, if Steam doesn't count to you guys; then so be it.
September 6, 2008 3:22:54 AM

Well, I hate to eat my own words, but Steam was just updated and the release date has been forwarded to September 15th for Steam.

Oops :X
September 6, 2008 4:14:59 AM

ovaltineplease said:
Well, I hate to eat my own words, but Steam was just updated and the release date has been forwarded to September 15th for Steam.

Oops :X

Ovaltin, I resisted responding until I knew for sure the game wasn't going to be released on Steam tonight -- and I was not positive but fairly sure. Honest, we do our homework and research here. We don't just toss crap up on the Web site and hope it sticks.

It's not that we thought Steam doesn't count or is in any way irrelevant. Rather, the issue is the publishing deal -- to the best of our knowledge, the publishing arrangement was that Clear Sky would be released on Steam the same day as the North American retail version. Thus, if the retail version didn't hit the shelves, then the digital version wouldn't go on sale either. Hence, it was doubtful that the Sept. 5 date for Steam would hold up. Perhaps we should have written as much in the article, but we never did get confirmation from CGS about the specific details.

In any event, I take no glory or pleasure in seeing this release date pushed back. I, like you, want to see Clear Sky sooner rather than later.

September 6, 2008 5:39:43 AM

well I expected some type of screw up from the way gsc did with the so called 1.1 freeplay patch there was lots of grand talk on their forums about it , then there was the excuses like "we got to get ready for g3 gameshow " and this and that ,then finally we will get to work on it as soon as we release clear sky , will I buy it maybe when its in the bargin bin for 9.99 . I got my pre pay back and put it on Fallout 3 sorry GSC you work so hard but you screw up even worse
September 6, 2008 1:04:43 PM

I don't know exactly why you're addressing GSC here, but they have their own forum and I doubt they really care if you post here lol
!