Sign in with
Your question

Lets get some Good Old Games

Last response: in Video Games
September 4, 2008 10:54:02 PM

There is a new service that you may or may not have heard of called Good Old Games that will be coming out some time this month.

You can register to be a part of their early access on this coming Monday at http://www.gog.com .
The idea is that for 5 to 10 dollars you can download some of the best games of the 90s and early 00s. They are getting some really good titles in their stable and it looks like they plan to rework them a bit to remove any pesky DRM in them and to make them run more stably on XP and possibly Vista. They look like they already have Fallout, Fallout 2, MDK, Freespace 2, Giants Citizen Kubuto, and Sacrifice among others.

I would love to see an interview with these guys (hint Rob, hint) to get a better idea of how many games they already have lined up, how many they are in negotiations for, and things like that.

I'm really REALLY hoping they get MOO2 and Deus Ex on there. What games would you be looking forward to getting on an online distribution system like this?

More about : lets good games

September 5, 2008 4:59:01 PM

this thread has already been done to death... You can look back manually through the THG forums for us if you want (since the search feature is totally broken). :pfff: 

Bob
September 7, 2008 4:09:03 AM

Anybody remember Descent? lol I wanna play that game so bad
September 8, 2008 12:45:26 AM

Well I had only learned of this by someone posting within another thread. I was not aware of any threads actually dedicated to this topic. My apologies if I had missed it.
!