Lost USB Ports when loading XP Pro

November 22, 2004 8:29:07 PM

I upgraded from windows 98 to XP Pro. I have lost my USB ports and my PC
won't recognize that they are even there. Anyone seen this before?
Thanks.....
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 12:11:13 AM

Hi,

Are they see in Device Manager?

General USB Troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310575

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded from windows 98 to XP Pro. I have lost my USB ports and my PC
> won't recognize that they are even there. Anyone seen this before?
> Thanks.....
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 1:53:05 PM

Did you load the motherboard drivers??