Status
Not open for further replies.

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Hello.

After searching e-bay and everything else I could think of for several weeks I have been unsuccessful in locating what I am looking for.

I am seeking any of the following.

GIGABYTE GA-107, GIGABYTE GA-108, SUNIX 5249P, TYAN S1363-004, or a TYAN S1366 PCI card.

Any of these will do. I am seeking them because these are the only pci cards that I could find that have fdd controllers on them and for the purpose of hooking up some 5.25" drives which to my knowledge do not come with usb attachments. The drives I need to hook up are internal anyway. That and I really don't feel like putting myself through the nightmare of installing an old isa card. That would take up a lot of space too.

If you possess any of these cards or if you know where or how I might go about obtaining one of these please respond and let me know.

Thank you.

They do sell external Floppy drives with USB interfaces like pictured here :

21-103-402-S01

Newegg has a few different models for around $25 including shipping that might work for you if you can't find the PCI card !

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Thank you. The drives I need to hook up are acctually 5.25" though, not 3.5".

Like the one found on the bottom in this photo
scsi_vk.jpg

Distinguished
May 11, 2010

Holy crud. THANK YOU! I've been searching for something like this. I wish it were able to write floppies. The fact that it clearly states that it does not work with 64 bit windows worries me though. I hope that's a software issue not hardware. If its a hardware case it might signal something about trying to get those other cards to work on a 64 bit system I still would like the any of the previous cards I mentioned but this will definitely be something I get. It is a bit much, but I guess when you have a very specific demand for something obscure you have to pay whatever they tell you.

How did you find this? Are there similar products?

Status
Not open for further replies.