LAT 38.5537849 LONG -122.27516 ** 39.7111794 -121.31170 **..

Archived from groups: news.admin.net-abuse.email,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

38.5537849 -122.27516

39.7111794 -121.31170

37.81525880 -122.88188

39.6863055 -121.38981

37.8340644 -122.12955

37.8407771 -12214821

37.8510987 -122.14671

37.8427620 -122.08885

39.3779907 -122.08885

39.3247940 -120.28072

37.9337748 -121.98572

37.9007080 -122.64354

walt@wapda.com (walt) writes:
>38.5537849 -122.27516
>
>39.7111794 -121.31170

OK, this is really odd. I was going to say "alt.geocaching is over
yonder", but ...

>37.81525880 -122.88188

Is in the pacific ocean, unless the bozo who posted this is using a
different datum than mapquest does. And the number of significant digits kind
of makes you scratch your head - Even a surveyor is going to have problems
determining lat/longs at an accuracy of less than an inch. *

P.S. Does cell equipment get put on bouys for near-shore cellphone use on
ships? Given the newsgroups line, that's probably what these are
supposed to be - ridiculously precise locations of cell towers.
like corkscrews.

Gator

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003
Archived from groups: news.admin.net-abuse.email,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

One is right next to Cliff House!!!

Following myself up, pv+usenet@pobox.com (Paul Vader) writes:
>>37.81525880 -122.88188
>
>Is in the pacific ocean, unless the bozo who posted this is using a

More interestingly, it is precisely halfway between the California coast
and the Farallon islands. The dang island is so small that it's invisible
in all but one zoom level that also includes the coordinates in question. *
like corkscrews.

Paul Vader wrote:
> walt@wapda.com (walt) writes:
>> 38.5537849 -122.27516
>>
>> 39.7111794 -121.31170
>
> OK, this is really odd. I was going to say "alt.geocaching is over
> yonder", but ...
>
>> 37.81525880 -122.88188
>
> Is in the pacific ocean, unless the bozo who posted this is using a
> different datum than mapquest does. And the number of significant
> digits kind of makes you scratch your head - Even a surveyor is going
> to have problems determining lat/longs at an accuracy of less than an
> inch. *

It's in California.

On 8 Jun 2004 07:52:22 -0700, walt@wapda.com (walt) wrote:

>38.5537849 -122.27516
>
>39.7111794 -121.31170
>
>37.81525880 -122.88188
>
>39.6863055 -121.38981
>
>37.8340644 -122.12955
>
>37.8407771 -12214821
>
>37.8510987 -122.14671
>
>37.8427620 -122.08885
>
>39.3779907 -122.08885
>
>39.3247940 -120.28072
>
>37.9337748 -121.98572
>
>37.9007080 -122.64354

Interesting..... Targeted usenet spam? :)

William R. James

walt@wapda.com (walt) wrote in message news:<439ab208.0406080652.6b4572b3@posting.google.com>...
> 38.5537849 -122.27516
>
> 39.7111794 -121.31170
>
> 37.81525880 -122.88188
>
> 39.6863055 -121.38981
>
> 37.8340644 -122.12955
>
> 37.8407771 -12214821
>
> 37.8510987 -122.14671
>
> 37.8427620 -122.08885
>
> 39.3779907 -122.08885

> 39.3247940 -120.28072
>
> 37.9337748 -121.98572
>
> 37.9007080 -122.64354

It appears to be from someone who has something against Paul Vader.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=walt%40wapda.com&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=439ab208.0406081109.31837f6c%40posting.google.com&rnum=2

But it is a bit too cryptic for me.

lurkingluser@teleport.com (Lurking Luser) writes:
>It appears to be from someone who has something against Paul Vader.

>http://groups.google.com/groups?q=walt%40wapda.com&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=439ab208.0406081109.31837f6c%40posting.google.com&rnum=2

Not the original message I'm sure - I've never posted to any of the groups
up on the newsgroups line except for nanae, and was responding to a bizarre
message there, which had all these groups on the newsgroups line.

From the date of the message you posted up there, I assume he was 'responding'
to me calling him a bozo after I noted that one of his coordinates was in
the pacific ocean.

>But it is a bit too cryptic for me.

I have no idea what this is about, or why this Walt guy is posting lists of
locations in the SF Bay area. When Walt removed nanae from the newsgroups
line he removed me from the readership anyway, so I think I'll take the
opportunity to back away slowly, twirling a finger around one year and
making 'cuckoo' noises. *
like corkscrews.

"Paul Vader" <pv+usenet@pobox.com> wrote in message

> I have no idea what this is about, or why this Walt guy is posting
lists of
> locations in the SF Bay area.

Uh, is there anything distinctive at each of these locations?
Someones home address? Place of business?

<snip>

Geoff in Oz

Archived from groups: news.admin.net-abuse.email,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

Yeah there is.
It is KEEPING this thread alive!
Sure wish it would die........... ;-)

Scotty

"The CO" <the_xo_hates_spam@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> "Paul Vader" <pv+usenet@pobox.com> wrote in message
>
> > I have no idea what this is about, or why this Walt guy is posting
> lists of
> > locations in the SF Bay area.
>
> Uh, is there anything distinctive at each of these locations?
> Someones home address? Place of business?
>
> <snip>
>
> Geoff in Oz

TRENDING THREADS