Need to move Word files from '98 PC to a new Win 7 PC?


How can I move MSFT Word files currently on an old working PC w/ Win '98 to a new pc using Win 7?
1 answer Last reply
More about need move word files
  1. If both PC work you can transfer files via USB Drive (NOTE Not all USB Drives support Win98) or if the Win98 computer has a CD burner, Or if the Win98 computer has a network card in it you can transfer the file over the network by placing both computers in a workgroup and share the Win98 drive to allow the Win 7 computer to access the drive.

    OR you can remove the hard drive from the Win98 computer and install it in the Win 7 computer IF you have a IDE channel available.

    OR if the files are few, small, and the Win98 computer has Internet access you can e-mail them to yourself.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7