Windows Explorer Problem..can't copy File

I want to copy a file. So i open Explorer and select the file then
Edit->copy...at this time Explorer hangs. I can't work at my pc. I also
tried with <strg> + "c", it doesn't help. To work with my pc, i mus kill the
Explorer with Task Manager. My Problem is i can't copy from a harddisc, cd
or floppy. Every time i treid to copy a file it hangs.
In Task Manager i see in sectin Application the Status of the Task no
response
1 answer Last reply
More about windows explorer problem copy file

    Login to safe mode and try again.
    Is this happening too in safe mode?

    "micha" wrote:

    > I want to copy a file. So i open Explorer and select the file then
    > Edit->copy...at this time Explorer hangs. I can't work at my pc. I also
    > tried with <strg> + "c", it doesn't help. To work with my pc, i mus kill the
    > Explorer with Task Manager. My Problem is i can't copy from a harddisc, cd
    > or floppy. Every time i treid to copy a file it hangs.
    > In Task Manager i see in sectin Application the Status of the Task no
    > response

Windows Explorer Explorer Task Manager Windows XP