I bet Crashman is proud!!!

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
Well...after checking out Anandtech's article on the SIS 655...i'm really impressed....
Crash...u've always favoured SIS...what do you think???
What will their 658 chipset be like??

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've always prefered the more open DDR technology to Rambus, but Rambus has until now had the performance lead needed to keep me as a potential customer. Well, SiS 655 boards are 3 or 4 months late and yet untested, but it looks like a good bet that someone will make one that really screams!

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
mmmm...well..dunno.....I still think that RDRAM is a SUPERIOR technology...and if one tenth of what was invested in DDR research went into RDRAM...it would still be FAR FAR SUPERIOR...
dunno...just my 2 cents...

Karlsbad

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
We need Prescott to really see 655 pull ahead of 850E, at which point Canterwood or what's the other one, may just smoke SIS, no? I'm still looking at building a 655 system as I think at least gigabyte is going to support 800mhz fsb cpu's, right? What's the deal with anandtech and their 655 reviews anyway? In their forum that guy said he had 3 boards, and MSI was the unstable one, now that's the only board he reviewed? Screwy.

<font color=red> Committed to excellence, willing to make do with high average, able to get by on mediocrity in a pinch. </font color=red>