Status
Not open for further replies.

rdc363

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Just thought I'd post this since so many people responded about the ones I was selling.

NOTE: these compusa 5850's ship in OEM packaging and only carry a 3 month warranty. I couldn't see anything about them being open box or refurbished items, though.

link: here

They are new but Tigerdirect bought them as OEM parts and thus there is no factory warranty on them thus the short 3 month warranty but for the price it is a good deal - pretty much makes the 5830 even that much more of a waste at it's $250 price point considering how much they crippled it !

Actually I think they are reference boards direct from ATI -- many of the cards are actually produced by ATI and then the specific company just plasters its own name on it and sells them which is why many of the cards look identical until the card manufacturers start to actually change some of the components awhile after the first round of cards are released.

rdc363

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Interesting. I was not aware of that fact, and was under the assumption the vendors purchased the video chips and licensed the technology. Good to know! :)

EDIT: it looks like once again Cusa has quoted an incorrect price! the orginal link I posted is now 299.99. However the mailer they sent out must be honored, so it links to the 269.99 version still. If anyone wants this add I'll forward it to them. Just pm an email address, and I'll forward it.
oopsb.jpg

Actually the E-mail contains a $30 clickable coupon and redirects you to another page that has the SALE Price of $269 instead of the $299 regular price -- Looks like you have to have the E-mail from them in order to click through to the sale price - If I post a Link here using it it goes to the $299 price but when I click on the E-mail itself I get the $269 price !!

Yep - I tried posting the link a couple times and got the same result -- I can click through on the e-mail and get to the $269 price but if I copy the link and post it - then retry the link it goes to the $299 price (guess the $30 discount is tied to your login id and the page updates the price with the discount when you are logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.