Can this be fixed??

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
well, i had everyting perfect and i screwed it up. i was showing my friend how to do an install over the current install b/c he didnt know about the repair console etc and now when i boot up, i have to choose between the two installations. im not sure why this happened b/c i've dont it many times. is there a way i can get rid of this new install? i tried system restore, but thats only for the install you are currently in. i also tried removing the entry from the boot.ini file and that screwed up everything to the point of me only being able to logon locally in safe mode and fix it, but i am back to two installs. can someone help? is there someway to remove the new install i did?

Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.

vidis

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
Hi, yes it can be fixed. First go to control panel then "Performance and maintenance"-"System"-"Advanced"-at a bottom you will see "Startup and Recovery" go to settings it will show you your default OS choice the one you wanna have as main, then where it says "time to display OS" write 0, and you done. But the best option would be reformat your disk and install OS again.

Good luck