Errors - Dr. Watson or Error Guard?

Blondie

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

I recently downloaded SP2 and have encountered problems. I also recently
downloaded Error Guard out of curiosity. I ran a scan of my computer with
Error Guard and it found 286 errors. About 210 of them were "Exhaustive
Registry Check" errors. Can someone tell me what this is all about? Also, has
any one heard of Error Guard and would you recommend them. I tried to open
Dr. Watson, which is supposed to be on my computer, but couldn't get it to
work. What should I do?
--
Definitely no computer whiz here!

To open Dr. Watson...
Start | Run | Type: drwtsn32 | OK |

drwtsn32.exe = DrWatson Postmortem Debugger

drwtsn32.exe lives here >>>
C:\WINDOWS\system32
and
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

drwtsn32.log should be here, if Dr Watson has ever run >>

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\

If a program error occurs, Dr. Watson will start automatically.

Dr. Watson is a program error debugger that detects and diagnoses program
errors and creates User.dmp and DrWtsn32.log files to contain the diagnostic
data.

If you have a lot of program errors, drwtsn32.log will get huge.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:93FB6418-C5C6-47B5-97F3-D667779859FA@microsoft.com,
Blondie <Blondie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I recently downloaded SP2 and have encountered problems. I also
> recently downloaded Error Guard out of curiosity. I ran a scan of my
> computer with Error Guard and it found 286 errors. About 210 of them
> were "Exhaustive Registry Check" errors. Can someone tell me what
> this is all about? Also, has any one heard of Error Guard and would
> you recommend them. I tried to open Dr. Watson, which is supposed to
> be on my computer, but couldn't get it to work. What should I do?

Blondie

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

Thank you very much! I was able to open Dr Watson and found that it had been
doing its job all along. Thanks again!!

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> To open Dr. Watson...
> Start | Run | Type: drwtsn32 | OK |
>
> drwtsn32.exe = DrWatson Postmortem Debugger
>
> drwtsn32.exe lives here >>>
> C:\WINDOWS\system32
> and
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
>
> drwtsn32.log should be here, if Dr Watson has ever run >>
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\
>
> If a program error occurs, Dr. Watson will start automatically.
>
> Dr. Watson is a program error debugger that detects and diagnoses program
> errors and creates User.dmp and DrWtsn32.log files to contain the diagnostic
> data.
>
> If you have a lot of program errors, drwtsn32.log will get huge.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:93FB6418-C5C6-47B5-97F3-D667779859FA@microsoft.com,
> Blondie <Blondie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I recently downloaded SP2 and have encountered problems. I also
> > recently downloaded Error Guard out of curiosity. I ran a scan of my
> > computer with Error Guard and it found 286 errors. About 210 of them
> > were "Exhaustive Registry Check" errors. Can someone tell me what
> > this is all about? Also, has any one heard of Error Guard and would
> > you recommend them. I tried to open Dr. Watson, which is supposed to
> > be on my computer, but couldn't get it to work. What should I do?

You betcha! Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes