Missing files/folders after user account creation.

My son's laptop came with XP Pro pre loaded and the administrator
account and password (only) available at startup. He used this method
for a few weeks, setting his desktop up in the process, with a number of
files and folders on the desktop. Yesterday, he created an account in
his own name (with admin privileges) and logs on to said account, but
now he finds his desktop has completely changed,inc background, the
files and folders he had when he logged on as administrator are no
longer visible and a search for them proves fruitless. What has happened
to his "old administrator" desktop files and folders, is it/are they
still accessable, can it/they be recovered with a system restore?
any help gratefully received.
Mike H

Hi,

He'll find them here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone