Status
Not open for further replies.

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Cleaning out the closet...

I have four sticks of DDR3 that I no longer have any use.
I had them in my last computer before going to 8GB (4x2GB).

4x OCZ OCZ3P13332GK Platinum DDR3-1333 7-7-7 1GB

I have them stored in the Mushkin packaging for the modules that I replaced them with.

Please help find a nice home for these nice sticks of RAM.
Rescue them from their early retirement in a competitor's packaging. :)

Would you be willing to sell them as 2 sets of 2x1GB ?? -- I have a 2x1 kit already and could use 2 more GB but the MOBO only has 4 slots so buying 4 more would be a waste -- I'm pretty sure there are probably others with a 2x1 kit that could use another as well so might be easier to sell as 2 sets. (plus if someone was wanting 4GB they would more likely go for a 2x2 kit instead of 4x1) - Also you may want to edit in the Voltage (IIRC these are 1.8V modules which may not work in an Intel MOBO !)

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009

Hello.

Just curious, do you already have a matching pair of the same item?

Regarding your logic though, it's subjective, 4x1GB vs 2x2GB.

I was using this memory in an Intel motherboard. Not just an Intel chipset, but an actual Intel DX38BT motherboard, works fine. ;D But that's why I put the model numbers on there. I think most people that venture this site would put anything for sale under fine scrutiny. Like the person asking if what I was selling as "factory sealed" was really brand new and unregistered.

Anyway, I guess we're looking at $40 + shipping which can't be more than a couple bucks. I'd prefer a little more since you're asking me to split my product, but from your point of view, I understand how you feel.

Edit: Wow, poor is my grammar.

No I have a similar set by Crucial but same timings and voltage so was thinking about ordering a set of these (Newegg had them for $59.99 shipped - and I sold another forum member an old 7800GS AGP card I had sitting here for a $60 gift card to newegg) - figured this would save me about $20 since I order things there all the time - I understand you not wanting to split them up and then having to find 2 people - So I rechecked Newegg and they had them on sale for $52 with a free Iron Man DVD and $2.99 shipping, so went ahead and placed the order -- figured it was worth the extra $12 to get them new just in case the 2 sets don't want to play nice together ! (since it'd be hard to return them to you if there was a conflict with them). Hopefully someone that is building a system will see this and buy the 4 from you soon ( the $80 is a good price for the 4 for someone building a system).

As for using them on an intel system I had heard that many of the i-series MOBO's had problems burning up the Ram sockets with anything over 1.65V but that may have been fixed by now (don't use Intel so wouldn't know)

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009

Hey, don't worry about me. I think you got a good buy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS