HC NM Duriel Immune to Cheese!! (Was Chant is Cheese)

Trying to level my enchantress in HC to max her enchat synergies and
lay her to rest (in town, not in a robe)

I got her (level 54 at the time) in act 2 heading into Duriel's tomb
and I got my level 56 Conviction/Fanatacism pally in town to up the XP
for her.

Well She cheese her merc and she goes into the tomb with him. He tanks
while sahe spams Wall of Fire, but somthing is not right. Duriel
popping the piss out of him and I have to retreat to town several times
to heal up due to gettting sick of dropping him purples. I was a little
confused because from what Roy wrote I expected to knock Duriel's ass
all over the place. Duriel just keeps slpping my merc aroouns and
growling "Care for some Cheese?"

After the 4th trip to town and hardly a dent in Duriel I put the game
down to the taskbar and head to the Arreat Summit. I look aup the stats
for Duriel in NM. He has some Fire Resist but for the life of me it
seemed like he wasn't taking any hits at all. I looked at immunities
and it said "none". But then I saw an asterisk. I looked down under the
chart and there it was.

"Duriel is immune to cheese in hardcore NM and Hell"

Son of a ...

OK I so I send in the pally without any cheese and he zeals Duriel to
death but I tell you I was pretty pissed off. Anyways a trip to Kurast
and Bongo joins up because the Spide map was so screwed up that there
was no WP and we go kill he council and meph and then we split up for
seperate Forges and our characters are sitting pretty in act 4 waiting
for a wave of our gang to head on in so we can gang up on HC NM Diablo.

Gotta go bye!

Orion Ryder

On 26 Mar 2005 14:01:20 -0800, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Trying to level my enchantress in HC to max her enchat synergies and
>lay her to rest (in town, not in a robe)
>
>I got her (level 54 at the time) in act 2 heading into Duriel's tomb
>and I got my level 56 Conviction/Fanatacism pally in town to up the XP
>for her.
>
>Well She cheese her merc and she goes into the tomb with him. He tanks
>while sahe spams Wall of Fire, but somthing is not right. Duriel
>popping the piss out of him and I have to retreat to town several times
>to heal up due to gettting sick of dropping him purples.

?? An enchantress who wants to solo Act bosses in NM, but can't spare
a point for Static??

-- Roy L

royls@telus.net wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2005 14:01:20 -0800, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Trying to level my enchantress in HC to max her enchat synergies and
> >lay her to rest (in town, not in a robe)
> >
> >I got her (level 54 at the time) in act 2 heading into Duriel's tomb
> >and I got my level 56 Conviction/Fanatacism pally in town to up the
XP
> >for her.
> >
> >Well She cheese her merc and she goes into the tomb with him. He
tanks
> >while sahe spams Wall of Fire, but somthing is not right. Duriel
> >popping the piss out of him and I have to retreat to town several
times
> >to heal up due to gettting sick of dropping him purples.
>
> ?? An enchantress who wants to solo Act bosses in NM, but can't
spare
> a point for Static??
>
> -- Roy L

I don't understand.

1) When my pally went in Duriel had 95% of his life. If I had static
then the pally would have gone in and Duriel would have had 45% life.

2) Whether Duriel had 95% life or 45% life when my pally went in the
end result would have been the same. Duriel,...dead

3) Whether the sorc had one point in static or had none the result
would have been the same. The pally would have had to go in after the
sorc and her merc took him down 5% in about 10 minutes.

4) The intention was 62 skill points for max warmth, chant, fire
mastery and pre-reqs and no more. So that means I could not spare a
point in static. Success. Now she is in town. Now more need to
adventure. She is a team player and will play her part on the team.

Orion Ryder

DOH! That's right, 25%. (Slaps top of own forehead)

Wow I could have gotten him down that far, that is if I had the balls
to get her close enough to him. I mean Duriel was seriously
bitch-slapping my merc around.

Perhaps she could have put him away in half hour or so. :)

Turned out better that I sent the pally in and parked the young lady in
town. The pally's got some MF. But I don't even remember what he
dropped. I just know that it was a long morning of movement and both
characters were packed with goodys to pass down to our gang.

Orion Ryder

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> DOH! That's right, 25%. (Slaps top of own forehead)

No, that's not right. In NM Static only takes them down to 33%, only in
normal will it take them down to 25%.

On 27 Mar 2005 19:54:09 -0800, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>royls@telus.net wrote:
>> On 26 Mar 2005 14:01:20 -0800, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Trying to level my enchantress in HC to max her enchat synergies and
>> >lay her to rest (in town, not in a robe)
>> >
>> >I got her (level 54 at the time) in act 2 heading into Duriel's tomb
>> >and I got my level 56 Conviction/Fanatacism pally in town to up the
>XP
>> >for her.
>> >
>> >Well She cheese her merc and she goes into the tomb with him. He
>tanks
>> >while sahe spams Wall of Fire, but somthing is not right. Duriel
>> >popping the piss out of him and I have to retreat to town several
>times
>> >to heal up due to gettting sick of dropping him purples.
>>
>> ?? An enchantress who wants to solo Act bosses in NM, but can't
>spare
>> a point for Static??
>
>I don't understand.
>
>1) When my pally went in Duriel had 95% of his life. If I had static
>then the pally would have gone in and Duriel would have had 45% life.

25%.

>2) Whether Duriel had 95% life or 45% life when my pally went in the
>end result would have been the same. Duriel,...dead
>
>3) Whether the sorc had one point in static or had none the result
>would have been the same. The pally would have had to go in after the
>sorc and her merc took him down 5% in about 10 minutes.

Another thing if you want to solo with an enchantress in NM: invest in
a wand with LR charges. You don't need a lot of them, but when you
need them, you really need them.

>4) The intention was 62 skill points for max warmth, chant, fire
>mastery and pre-reqs and no more. So that means I could not spare a
>point in static. Success. Now she is in town. Now more need to
>adventure. She is a team player and will play her part on the team.

OK, so the soloing NM Duriel thing was kind of a joke.

-- Roy L

mark

"Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net> wrote in message

> No, that's not right. In NM Static only takes them down to 33%, only in
> normal will it take them down to 25%.

I don't think that's correct. In normal you can kill with Static.

Paraphrasing the AS. Static removes 25% of a monster's current health
(minimum of 1 point), limited to 33% in NM and 50% in Hell.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Paraphrasing the AS. Static removes 25% of a monster's current health
> (minimum of 1 point), limited to 33% in NM and 50% in Hell.

Precisely. In NM it's limited to 33%, and 50% in Hell.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:50:17 -0600, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>
wrote:

>"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> DOH! That's right, 25%. (Slaps top of own forehead)
>
>No, that's not right. In NM Static only takes them down to 33%,

I see the number, but I also see the hp bar, and it looks more like
25% to me. I've learned to be very skeptical of what Blizzard claims
about this game.

>only in
>normal will it take them down to 25%.

In Normal it will take them down to where Shiver Armor kills them.

-- Roy L

<royls@telus.net> wrote in message news:42490e4d.6260816@news.telus.net...
> In Normal it will take them down to where Shiver Armor kills them.

Considering the low life of monsters in normal, that's not too hard.