VZ Wireless CEO to those waiting for Bluetooth: "You bette..

From Mobiletracker.net

Verizon Wireless on Bluetooth

At Walter Mossberg’s conference D: All Things Digital, Verizon CEO
Ivan Seidenberg took a question from an attendee concerning when
Verizon Wireless would launch a Bluetooth equipped phone. The answer
left no more questions: "You better switch [to another carrier that
has a Bluetooth phone]."

A Verizon spokesman said Mr. Seidenberg was joking and that there was
laughter in the audience. An executive from Motorola Inc. said the
company has a Bluetooth-capable cellphone being evaluated by Verizon
engineers.

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2004/06/08/verizon_wireles.php
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless waiting bluetooth bette

    freddotr <fred.r@fred.r> wrote:
    > From Mobiletracker.net
    >
    > Verizon Wireless on Bluetooth
    >
    > At Walter Mossberg?s conference D: All Things Digital, Verizon CEO
    > Ivan Seidenberg took a question from an attendee concerning when
    > Verizon Wireless would launch a Bluetooth equipped phone. The answer
    > left no more questions: "You better switch [to another carrier that
    > has a Bluetooth phone]."
    >
    > A Verizon spokesman said Mr. Seidenberg was joking and that there was
    > laughter in the audience. An executive from Motorola Inc. said the
    > company has a Bluetooth-capable cellphone being evaluated by Verizon
    > engineers.

    Seidenberg is CEO of Verizon, not Verizon Wireless. Dennis Strigl is
    CEO of Verizon Wireless. Verizon is one of the parent companies of VZW,
    the other being Vodafone plc.

    FYI.

    Kind of a dumb thing to say for a CEO, even jokingly.

    "freddotr" <fred.r@fred.r> wrote in message
    : From Mobiletracker.net
    :

    Jason Gallas <jgallas@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Kind of a dumb thing to say for a CEO, even jokingly.

    He runs one of the biggest Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECs)
    in the country. I believe that only SBC is bigger. His idiotic comments fall
    right in line with what I'd expect from a large telephone company - telcos
    don't give a damn about their customers and will actively try to defraud
    them.

Verizon Wireless Bluetooth Internet Service Providers