VZ Wireless CEO to those waiting for Bluetooth: "You bette..

Last response: in Network Providers
a b F Wireless
June 9, 2004 2:14:09 AM

From Mobiletracker.net

Verizon Wireless on Bluetooth

At Walter Mossberg’s conference D: All Things Digital, Verizon CEO
Ivan Seidenberg took a question from an attendee concerning when
Verizon Wireless would launch a Bluetooth equipped phone. The answer
left no more questions: "You better switch [to another carrier that
has a Bluetooth phone]."

A Verizon spokesman said Mr. Seidenberg was joking and that there was
laughter in the audience. An executive from Motorola Inc. said the
company has a Bluetooth-capable cellphone being evaluated by Verizon
engineers.

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2004/06/08/verizo...
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 9, 2004 2:34:55 AM

freddotr <fred.r@fred.r> wrote:
> From Mobiletracker.net
>
> Verizon Wireless on Bluetooth
>
> At Walter Mossberg?s conference D: All Things Digital, Verizon CEO
> Ivan Seidenberg took a question from an attendee concerning when
> Verizon Wireless would launch a Bluetooth equipped phone. The answer
> left no more questions: "You better switch [to another carrier that
> has a Bluetooth phone]."
>
> A Verizon spokesman said Mr. Seidenberg was joking and that there was
> laughter in the audience. An executive from Motorola Inc. said the
> company has a Bluetooth-capable cellphone being evaluated by Verizon
> engineers.

Seidenberg is CEO of Verizon, not Verizon Wireless. Dennis Strigl is
CEO of Verizon Wireless. Verizon is one of the parent companies of VZW,
the other being Vodafone plc.

FYI.

a b F Wireless
June 9, 2004 3:11:50 PM

Kind of a dumb thing to say for a CEO, even jokingly.

"freddotr" <fred.r@fred.r> wrote in message
: From Mobiletracker.net
:
[...]
June 10, 2004 1:47:01 AM

Jason Gallas <jgallas@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Kind of a dumb thing to say for a CEO, even jokingly.

He runs one of the biggest Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECs)
in the country. I believe that only SBC is bigger. His idiotic comments fall
right in line with what I'd expect from a large telephone company - telcos
don't give a damn about their customers and will actively try to defraud
them.