Email Notification XP

I am logged on and check my email messages, then when I log off of switch
user the new message notification stay next to my user identify. Why and how
can I turn off this annoying feature???
2 answers Last reply
More about email notification

    Hi

    Download TweakUI from
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp and when
    installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
    Logon>Unread Mail - disable it in the right hand pane.

    Otherwise the Unread Mail can be disabled via the Registry - navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\[Youremailaddress],
    double click on 'MessageCount' - in the right hand pane - and change the
    value to 0(Zero).

    ***If you do opt for the Registry please 'tweak', please backup the Registry
    first. A good program to do this - as well as being able to restore the
    Registry - is ERunt:

    http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/index.htm***

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Timmykins" <Timmykins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am logged on and check my email messages, then when I log off of switch
    > user the new message notification stay next to my user identify. Why and
    > how
    > can I turn off this annoying feature???

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304148
    Overview of the Mail Notification Display on the Windows XP Welcome Screen
    Line #100 - Disable Mail on Welcome Screen

    You can download and install *TweakUI for XP*
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/default.mspx

    "Timmykins" <Timmykins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am logged on and check my email messages, then when I log off of switch
    > user the new message notification stay next to my user identify. Why and how
    > can I turn off this annoying feature???

Windows XP Microsoft Email