Windows Task Manager Details

Good morning;

I seem to have lost some details to my Windows Task Manager. Before when I
opened task manager, it not only showed me which programs were running but
also CPU usage, and additional menus and panels. Now it only displays the
new tasks and gives me the ability to "End task" , "Switch Task", and "New
Task" only. How do I get back the additional menus for the task manager?

Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Window border.
Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny Footprint Mode".

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"AuthorizedUserPF" wrote:

| Good morning;
|
| I seem to have lost some details to my Windows Task Manager. Before when I
| opened task manager, it not only showed me which programs were running but
| also CPU usage, and additional menus and panels. Now it only displays the
| new tasks and gives me the ability to "End task" , "Switch Task", and "New
| Task" only. How do I get back the additional menus for the task manager?

Thank you both for the quick answers. The full task manager is back.

Regards
Phil

"AuthorizedUserPF" <pantherfin@msn.com> wrote in message
> Good morning;
>
> I seem to have lost some details to my Windows Task Manager. Before when I
> opened task manager, it not only showed me which programs were running but
> also CPU usage, and additional menus and panels. Now it only displays the
> new tasks and gives me the ability to "End task" , "Switch Task", and "New
> Task" only. How do I get back the additional menus for the task manager?

Hi

Try double clicking the edge of Task Manager.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"AuthorizedUserPF" <pantherfin@msn.com> wrote in message
> Good morning;
>
> I seem to have lost some details to my Windows Task Manager. Before when I
> opened task manager, it not only showed me which programs were running but
> also CPU usage, and additional menus and panels. Now it only displays the
> new tasks and gives me the ability to "End task" , "Switch Task", and "New
> Task" only. How do I get back the additional menus for the task manager?

You're welcome Phil. Glad your problem is sorted.