burning to cd

Hi
I have just upgraded from windows 98 and am having problems burning to
discs. I have my file, whether it be a document or picture file and burn it
to a cd-rw using the right click and send to E drive option. The file gets
there but in read only format. When I try to adjust this file either by
renaming it or deleting it I find I can't because it's read only. Trying to
change the attributes doesn't work either as I get a message saying I havn't
got the access to do this, I am logged on as the administrator so if I
havn't got the correct access who has? Can anyone help?

Thanks lots...

Andy........

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"ANDREW CROSS" <andyjcross@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have just upgraded from windows 98 and am having problems burning to
> discs. I have my file, whether it be a document or picture file and burn
> it
> to a cd-rw using the right click and send to E drive option. The file gets
> there but in read only format. When I try to adjust this file either by
> renaming it or deleting it I find I can't because it's read only. Trying
> change the attributes doesn't work either as I get a message saying I
> havn't
> got the access to do this, I am logged on as the administrator so if I
> havn't got the correct access who has? Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks lots...
>
> Andy........

You cannot do this while the file in question is directly on the CD (as this
is what you're trying to do?). If you did this before, you had the packet
writing software that allowed this, as XP's builtin burning software does
not do this. If your software worked for 98, it more than likely will not
run on XP. What you are needing is packet writing software that can
specifically manipulate files directly on the disks (like a hard drive).

Packet writing brands (that I know) include:

InCD by Nero

Drag to Disk by Roxio

DLA by Sonic

Hi Andy

Please have a look at the following article by Alex Nichol regarding CD
burning:

"Burning CDs in Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php

--