Anyone play Crysis Warhead?

sheila

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
have not played crysis yet, but has anyone played warhead? its a lot cheaper than crysis and can anyone tell me if its any good?

wingnut

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I'm sure it is an excellent game. Unfortunately it isn't cheap! You’re only allowed 3 installs of this game, so it’s renting at full price. It will also plague your computer with securom software, which is pretty much malware. Ea is making the PC gaming world difficult at this moment. This is pretty much going to spark the same controversy as Spore.

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
It was worth 30$ for the SP campaign, I enjoyed it.

If you like multiplayer, you might not enjoy it - its pretty much team deathmatch only, even the "power struggle" mode is just glorified team deathmatch.

Anyways, good improvement over Crysis - but not going to rock my world.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
It has been turning out quite well for me. More fast paced than the original. I love everything about the original and warhead SP except for one specific part in the first, but I think that they are both worth the money. Crysis Wars is an improved MP, but nothing to special...still I have enjoyed the little bit I have been able to play. I recommend getting it, but you may want to buy through steam as that may help with any activation issues you may run into later down the road.

Best,

3Ball

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
I haven't played it yet but I keep hearing that it is more enjoyable than the first.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=71624
Here is some more info from the forums if you are interested

Dude, EA....I know. I am going to avoid buying electronic copies from now on. I had to reinstall BF2142 three times now over completely random start up issues. Crysis, which I also purchased through EA online, will randomly want the disk inserted when I start it up.

EA also has that record retention fee. It is like an electronic receipt or something and they charge to keep in on record for a year or so. I don't remember exactly what it was but that was pretty fun getting charged for it when you can just get the disc instead.

bruce555

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Damn, didn't know warhead had the stupid drm also. Just got back from the store with my copy. Well I'm definatly not supporting it for EA. I bought it for Crytek and I choose to support them.

Hey I can always shank the game later if I need to.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007

don't judge all downloading services by EA's incredibly low marker - steam is an excellent service, with no fees other than those of the games themselves + it patches everything you download, and allows for either the usage of a disc or download

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

lol how exactly would a new graphics card cause you to lose an activation. That aside. As long as you uninstall the game because an OS reinstall or any other reason you will get that activation back. Each uninstall frees up the install that it originally took away.

Alas...securerom still blow!!!

Best,

3Ball