Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I need to install programs from XP Service pack 2 so i can use my pc as a
fax. I had pack 2 installed over the net by the computer shop, but need the
service pack2 disc to complete this install, which neither i or the shop have.
Can I download just the fax program over the net?

plesae reply to rickypom(removethisbit)@hotmail.com

thanks

The installation of the Fax component requires files to
be copied from the Windows XP CD. If you do not have
a Windows XP CD, unfortunately you'll not be able to
install the Fax component .... no download is available.

Third-Party alternative:
http://www.rkssoftware.com/mightyfax/overview.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Richard" wrote:

| I need to install programs from XP Service pack 2 so i can use my pc as a
| fax. I had pack 2 installed over the net by the computer shop, but need the
| service pack2 disc to complete this install, which neither i or the shop have.
| Can I download just the fax program over the net?
|
| thanks

Hey Richard ... If you have an Windows xp disc , Then go to the add and
remove programs area , select Add/Remove Windows Components , Then add a
check mark on Fax , click install , make sure that your xp disc in your
Optical drive because its going to ask for your xp disc ... I have done this
and I did have a little problem trying to install the fax program with my
retail copy of Windows xp pro , Windows for some strange reason didn't
highlight the correct location as to where the folder/file was , So I had to
change the location which if I remember I needed to highlight the i386
folder and then afterward it work...