crysis warhead freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinsomniacboix

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
hey guys, crysis warhead crashes my computer every five minutes or so. it is much more optimized than crysis and runs buttery smooth on all the highest settings but then it just randomly freezes seemingly for no reason. has anyone else come across this? this is the only game to give me this problem

gamecrazychris

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
The same thing happens to me but its more like every 10min, in fact it just froze 30 seconds ago. I've only had the game about an hour and its already frozen 3 times.

Sus-penders

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
I've had the same odd freezing, it would lock up with the sound on a loop for a minute or two, then work fine again for a minute or two, then freeze etc.

Well, turns out it was my antivirus programme. I use "Avira AntiVir", with the guard always on (scans everything going on continuously, background scan) and the detection settings set to "paranoid". Anyway, once I disabled the guard protection everything ran swimmingly. Just disable whatever you use and give it a shot.

ererr10

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
Ive been having this problem too. Sorry for super bump but this already describes my problem perfectly. 5-10 minutes in freezes and then crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.