Unable to delete emails from Outlook 2000 and Outlook Expr..

Hi,

My Microsoft Outlook 2000 Inbox is full and so I cannot receive any more
emails. I tried to delete some emails but unsuccessfully, and got the
message "C:\windows\local settings\application
data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is
denied.".

I switch to use Outlook Express 6. I can receive new emails. But when I
tried to delete an email I got the message "The message could not be
deleted.". In time, this Inbox will be full too.

Sometimes I think it may be due to dishonest freewares. Recently I have
tried PC MightyMax but do not subscribe, and its pop up advertisement
becomes a nuisance to me. Also recently I uninstalled Spyware Doctor. I
suspect some of these "freewares" may "create problems" to force us to buy
their products.

Please advise.

Thank you very much,
Joseph

Hi

Have you tried the Outlook Express News Group:

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

josph cheung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Microsoft Outlook 2000 Inbox is full and so I cannot receive any
> more emails. I tried to delete some emails but unsuccessfully, and
> got the message "C:\windows\local settings\application
> data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is
> denied.".
>
> I switch to use Outlook Express 6. I can receive new emails. But
> when I tried to delete an email I got the message "The message could
> not be deleted.". In time, this Inbox will be full too.
>
> Sometimes I think it may be due to dishonest freewares. Recently I
> have tried PC MightyMax but do not subscribe, and its pop up
> advertisement becomes a nuisance to me. Also recently I uninstalled
> Spyware Doctor. I suspect some of these "freewares" may "create
> problems" to force us to buy their products.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Joseph

Your deleted items folder is probably corrupt.
Tools>options>maintenance>store folder and note the location.
Close OE.
In Windows Explorer, navigate to the place noted and delete Deleted
Items.dbx
Re-open OE and all should be well.

Note that you may have to enable "show hidden files and folders" under
control panel>folder options>view before you can find and delete the
folder, depending on your operating system.

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

jhnjohn

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

Thank you very much,
Joseph

There is no need to be panic , if your inbox repair tool 2007 is full, and you may not be bale to access out your emails. It mainly happens due to damage and corruption. So first is to locate an PST file and try to repair it. But there are the chances of lost of emails. Better to go for PST file repair tool.