sfxtreme

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2003
Originally I planned on putting together a lan box with the Shuttle SB51G/P4 3.06 ht but ater reading the review comparing the two here at THG, I'm left wondering which mobo/cpu to get.

I would of thought that the hpyerthreading would have given the SB51G more of a performance lead over SN41G2.

If the SN41G2/XP 2800 is only a couple hundred 3D Marks less than the SB51G/P4 3.06 ht, can I assume that the XP 3000's score would be the best?

Will hyperthreading start making it into games in the next year or so? Which cpu will be able to play the newest games longest, the P4 3.06 ht or the XP 3000?

And would it be hard to find the XP 3000 in stock?

Also is there any performance gain in using ram that is faster than PC2700 Cas2 if I don't plan on overclocking?

Thanks-

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What do you want to use this PC for?

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, I don't care for it because that's about all it's good for, besides more basic tasks. The reason I dislike them is because they are so limited in what else they can do. I can't afford a separate PC for LAN parties, I need my one PC to do everything well.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>