I got a new system with xp and have been using my dsl connection manager from
sbc to connect. When SP2 installed it put a local area connection icon in the
sys tray and I disabled it to use the sbc connection manager but it
disconnected the dsl. It only lets the sbc connection manager work if it
remains in the tray. So I decided to use that instead of the sbc connection
manager to connect to the internet. I went to the network connection option
in settings and clicked on the second option and created my account but still
that original icon remains in the tray and if disabled it cuts off my dsl
connection. I thought by creating an account it would keep one icon only in
the tray. what am I doing wrong?

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:35:05 -0800, tulagis wrote:

> I got a new system with xp and have been using my dsl connection manager from
> sbc to connect. When SP2 installed it put a local area connection icon in the
> sys tray and I disabled it to use the sbc connection manager but it
> disconnected the dsl. It only lets the sbc connection manager work if it
> remains in the tray. So I decided to use that instead of the sbc connection
> manager to connect to the internet. I went to the network connection option
> in settings and clicked on the second option and created my account but still
> that original icon remains in the tray and if disabled it cuts off my dsl
> connection. I thought by creating an account it would keep one icon only in
> the tray. what am I doing wrong?

Open Network Connections. Right click on a network connection and select
Properties. Remove check mark next "show icon in notification area when
connected." Click OK.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User