Sign in with
Your question

Every game crashes to desktop

Last response: in Video Games
September 20, 2008 10:39:10 AM

Hello, I have a weird problem.

It seems, that every game that I try to play... crashes to desktop after loading. GRID, Crysis, Crysis Warhead etc.. they all crash. Only games working are Hitman Blood Money (at max settings) and GTA series.

I've used CCleaner, Defraged discs and registry, installed newest drivers.

My rig
E6600
2GB 667mhz RAM
2900 XT 1GB
250 + 80 GB discs
P5KC

Any help would be appritiated. Thank you.

More about : game crashes desktop

September 20, 2008 1:16:21 PM

Based on what you have done so far,,,it seems like you have a memory related problem,as in no good or not getting enough power,you have not reported no hardware/software message errors so,,,,,try your ram in another machine??,give it a higher voltage setting ??,checked manfu's specs,tried memtest yet,,???..whoops!!! maybe those games do not support your card,,after all it isn't exactly the latest and greatest,,,,have you checked the readme that comes with said games ,,just to make sure,,,i mean hitman is a couple of years older than the rest,,,etc,,etc...:) 
September 20, 2008 2:23:01 PM

Could be one of the following...

hard ware

heat - on processor - clean all the fins out - remove fan and heatsink - clean with brush and a can of compressed air...
re-seat it and test

power supply
Video card
Ram
Mobo

Try these.-- if the heatsink dont work - power supply is the cheaper option and usually fixes these

Software -

windows could be up the swanny, update bios, video, chipset and sound drivers..
Related resources
September 20, 2008 6:11:03 PM

I just have to say that I've just cleaned my compuer completely. The hardware isn't the problem I'm sure of it.

I had those games installed 3 months ago and played them, but I needed space on PC and deleted them all. It seems that I've installed something or done something wrong.

The hardware is not the problem. Before formatting they also worked fine... I'm thinking of another format, but it takes too much time and I'm lazy.

All of the drivers are updated to the lastest version. I've cleaned the computer with programs completely.

So any other ideas?
September 20, 2008 8:58:12 PM

romanowskiy said:
I just have to say that I've just cleaned my compuer completely. The hardware isn't the problem I'm sure of it.

I had those games installed 3 months ago and played them, but I needed space on PC and deleted them all. It seems that I've installed something or done something wrong.

The hardware is not the problem. Before formatting they also worked fine... I'm thinking of another format, but it takes too much time and I'm lazy.

All of the drivers are updated to the lastest version. I've cleaned the computer with programs completely.

So any other ideas?

So if your sure its not the hardware and youve updated the video drivers then it could be something to do with copy protection software - have you loaded anything such as virtual dvd drives

Just a thought !!!
September 21, 2008 10:37:39 AM

Hmm.. I think I found my problemo. It seems that I've have to get another thermal paste for my 2900 XT (I've cleaned it a week ago and removed some of the burned paste).

I'll tell you tomorrow how I've solved it.
September 21, 2008 12:37:31 PM

romanowskiy said:
Hmm.. I think I found my problemo. It seems that I've have to get another thermal paste for my 2900 XT (I've cleaned it a week ago and removed some of the burned paste).

I'll tell you tomorrow how I've solved it.

You didnt tell us that bit did you ...

Hope it works...
September 21, 2008 6:15:53 PM

About that bit... I've unloaded all of the drives :) 
!