upgraded from 2000 to xp

I just upgraded a pc from 2000 to xp. In 2000 she had the pc log in directly
to her desktop. She totally bypass the ctrl+alt+del screen or any logon
credentials. Now in xp it's doing the same thing. She wants the welcome
screen when the pc boots up or reboots.

How do I get the welcome screen to appear upon bootupor restart?

thanks in advance

Hi,

Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and
click ok. Check (enable) the box requiring a username and password, click
apply/ok.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"nigelcourtney" <nigelcourtney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded a pc from 2000 to xp. In 2000 she had the pc log in
>directly
> to her desktop. She totally bypass the ctrl+alt+del screen or any logon
> credentials. Now in xp it's doing the same thing. She wants the welcome
> screen when the pc boots up or reboots.
>
> How do I get the welcome screen to appear upon bootupor restart?
>
> thanks in advance

Hi nigelcourtney,

If the computer has only the one user account (not counting the Guest
account and the built-in Administrator account), and they have not created a
password for the account, then the default behaviour is to bypass the
Welcome screen and login directly to the one user account. To get the
Welcome Screen to appear on bootup or restart, either create a password for
the one user account (and they would have to key in this password at the
Welcome Screen) or create another user account.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"nigelcourtney" <nigelcourtney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded a pc from 2000 to xp. In 2000 she had the pc log in
directly
> to her desktop. She totally bypass the ctrl+alt+del screen or any logon
> credentials. Now in xp it's doing the same thing. She wants the welcome
> screen when the pc boots up or reboots.
>
> How do I get the welcome screen to appear upon bootupor restart?
>
> thanks in advance

no there are two accounts created once i upgraded to xp. But I thought once
the two accounts were created that the welcome screen will appear. we really
don't want to create a password is there another solution. thanks

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi nigelcourtney,
>
> If the computer has only the one user account (not counting the Guest
> account and the built-in Administrator account), and they have not created a
> password for the account, then the default behaviour is to bypass the
> Welcome screen and login directly to the one user account. To get the
> Welcome Screen to appear on bootup or restart, either create a password for
> the one user account (and they would have to key in this password at the
> Welcome Screen) or create another user account.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "nigelcourtney" <nigelcourtney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I just upgraded a pc from 2000 to xp. In 2000 she had the pc log in
> directly
> > to her desktop. She totally bypass the ctrl+alt+del screen or any logon
> > credentials. Now in xp it's doing the same thing. She wants the welcome
> > screen when the pc boots up or reboots.
> >
> > How do I get the welcome screen to appear upon bootupor restart?
> >
> > thanks in advance

Yeah that worked, thank you