Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cloaked frog easter egg - Crysis Warhead

Last response: in Video Games
September 20, 2008 4:13:08 PM

Idk if anyone else has foudn this yet, I found a cloaked frog that sits on this like korean book and when u pick up the book sykes says "Its camron, i foudn him!" When u damage the book it explodes like a grenade.

Thsi can be foudn on the "Below the Thunder" level

When you get onto the yellow frieght elevator shortly after the big logn tunnel (i nthsi tunnel a jeep trys to kill you). When in the yellow elevator look up, you should see a small opening, use strength to jump thru the hole. Now wait until the elevator stops, u should see a Vent in front of u, break the bars and go through the vent. Stay in the ventilation shaft, don't exit from any of the air vents, keep navigating aroudn until u find the dead end. You should see a small red\gold book with a cloaked frog on it. Soemtimes it's wierd to pick it up, I ahd t crouch down until i had the book itself perfectly highlighted before it let me.

Anyone know what exaclty this is?
September 20, 2008 5:08:01 PM

you can't spell for **** can you?
still, i'll probably go looking for this if I ever get a straight answer to the question of whether warhead bought on steam still installs the securom DRM....
September 20, 2008 5:51:15 PM

lol no :p 

and I keep looking to see if steam has securom or not, but no one seems intrested in posting info about it :S
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 20, 2008 5:55:30 PM

Here is a screen
September 20, 2008 6:44:02 PM

that is pretty random :) 
September 20, 2008 10:16:57 PM

fanbloodytastic - even the steam version has the GODDAMN DRM on it - now that is just completely unnecessary
September 21, 2008 11:50:33 AM

Lol - you have to love those in game easter eggs. I'm still freaked out by B&W's spooky name calling after playing it for so many hours... Or was that just me :sweat: .
September 21, 2008 3:00:01 PM

whats B&W? (I never heard of an easter egg in black and white, the only game I can think of.....)
September 21, 2008 3:49:12 PM

Yup Black and White, on easter it gave your creature smiley face footprints. The spooky name calling thing maybe my imagination or not, all I know is i had been playing for at least 13-15 hours straight. Then it start calling out the name that I put into the game before hand... I'm supposedly grown up now, so when i get excited about a game i'm only on it for a 'few' hours... :sarcastic: 
September 21, 2008 5:01:30 PM

u sure you didn't fall asleep? :p 
September 21, 2008 5:12:28 PM

Who could actually dream about playing a game... :ange: 
September 21, 2008 5:54:22 PM

spuddyt said:
fanbloodytastic - even the steam version has the GODDAMN DRM on it - now that is just completely unnecessary

Don't worry, the game's so short (I bought it yesterday afternoon completed it today) you won't have time to get peeved about that. Wasn't as smooth as the Crysys demo on my machine (which seems strange after all the talk of optimization). Maybe it's just not friendly with ATI cards (or maybe it's my lame ass cpu) :-(
September 21, 2008 6:43:56 PM

closed_deal said:
Who could actually dream about playing a game... :ange: 

*thinks of his first time playing KOTOR....* :whistle:  (I was quite young, and it was quite exciting :p )
September 21, 2008 7:02:51 PM

spuddyt said:
*thinks of his first time playing KOTOR....* :whistle:  (I was quite young, and it was quite exciting :p )

Not sure what the excuse would be nowadays... My brains so full with levels from every game I've played, that now even my hair is finding it hard to stay where it should be :( . :lol: 
September 21, 2008 8:08:29 PM

ha, my hair stays firmly on - I forget everything withhin minutes :p 
September 21, 2008 9:31:24 PM

spuddyt said:

I'm with you there. It was like a rollar coaster for me. First, I wanted dark side because that appeals to all kids, but then I actually cried because I hated being so mean in the game. Then, I started being light side and was happy. In the *big plot twist*, i realized i should stay true to my guys true nature and switched back to dark side. Stuff like this doesn't happen anymore to me, but you know a game's good when it does happen.
September 22, 2008 12:22:12 AM

It runs much better than the original crysis for me.
September 23, 2008 12:19:27 AM

took me a whie but i finaly foudn sum good settigns for ma machine :)  arnt as good as i have them i nreg crysis but I get the same FPS, reg crysis i got it all on VH except for shaders, physics, shadows, and bjects those 4 r on high (no AA, at 1600x1200) get like 32FPS never drosp below 20 unless it needs to load something (like using binoclures it loads su mtextures so lags for like, 2sec)

warhead is difficult, but most settings r on high or verhigh, but textures and volumetric effects are on med (actaully idk if i coudl but VME higher but idk w\e lol)
September 23, 2008 7:15:15 PM

If it wasn't for the screen shots I would have assumed that you were all on drugs. That is pretty funny though. A cloaked frog in Crysis.

rtfm said:
Wasn't as smooth as the Crysys demo on my machine (which seems strange after all the talk of optimization). Maybe it's just not friendly with ATI cards (or maybe it's my lame ass cpu) :-(

Uhh...demo? :heink: 
September 25, 2008 5:46:13 PM

Whoa...Cloaked Frog... :pt1cable:  Thats wackyness of the highest caliber right there, I must find this frog
Anonymous
January 9, 2011 2:44:57 PM

Basically, if u find all 7 frogs on each level (like i did) at the end of the whole game, when u get the container,during the video the container is replaced by a frog called kalman
Anonymous
January 9, 2011 2:46:04 PM

spuddyt said:
ha, my hair stays firmly on - I forget everything withhin minutes :p 

like ur pic

January 9, 2011 3:19:48 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!