Can You Have Both XP and 2k on One PC?

Can you have a dual boot ......windows 2k pro or server And Windows XP?
If so, is there any precautions I should take before installing Windows XP?

Thank you very much
1 answer Last reply
More about tomshardware

    On 28/11/2004 mike wrote:

    > Can you have a dual boot ......windows 2k pro or server And Windows
    > XP? If so, is there any precautions I should take before installing
    > Windows XP?
    >
    > Thank you very much

    Yes, that works fine.

    Usual rule is to install oldest OS first, then when you install the
    later OS it will set up a menu for you so you can select which OS to
    boot.

    It is much better to install each OS on its own partition, in fact I
    would regard this as compulsory. W2K and XP use some common folder
    names and will over-write each other's files if you install them on the
    same partition - with 'unpredictable' results (i.e. a complete mess!).

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK

Dual Boot Microsoft Windows XP