Galaxy is awful, so my unreleased GTX 465 is for sale on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

channelx99

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Hope this isnt against the rules for posting but I figured its an unusual circumstance. Long story short, I ordered a GTX 470 GC card from Galaxy, and it turned out to be an unreleased GTX 465.

Galaxy doesnt seem to believe me and wants me to pay to ship it back and is being pretty unhelpful.

I know theres been a few news stories about the leaked card so hopefully theres someone out there whos interested in getting their hands on this card. All I wanted was the GTX 470 GC to play games on and this card is slower which doesnt help me

EDIT- not letting me post the link, but the item number is 280513037647 or just search for GTX 465 on ebay

channelx99

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
I listed the auction for the price I paid for the 470 and you get the full warranty and can exchange it for a real 470 as well. The buy it now price is just if any review/tech sites wanted to get their hands on it for benchmarking and early reviews etc.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Unfortunately for you Channel, no one will pay for a 465 when they can get a 470 for the same price that's not from eBay.

You are either going to have to take a loss on your end to sell it, or you're going to have to find a way to prove to Galaxy that they owe you a 470 and not a 465.

If you have a receipt or prove of purchase like an E-mail or credit card statement then you should be able to get the GTX470 you ordered and paid for, as its their mistake you shouldn't have to pay for shipping.
You may want to take a few photo's and/or screenshots to show that you did infact receive a GTX465.

channelx99

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
I can take pictures when I get home I just dont have the ability at the moment where I am.

Again I think people are missing the point with the auction and I realize paying the price for a slower card isnt worth it in normal circumstances. I also have the option of returning it to Galaxy, but because of the way they treated me at first I figured I would action it off instead since the card is pretty valuable I would say. Galaxy is aware of the issue now and I also have proof of purchase and all documentation. I could also return it to the retailer if I wanted as well for a refund if I wanted.

The point of the auction is youre getting an unreleased product that has not hit the market yet and was a big mistake on Galaxys part.

Whomever gets the card gets the ability to post reviews and benchmarks on their website. Considering no review sites have access to a GTX 465, posting that information as a first on their site is pretty valuable information which will drive traffic to them and generate some news.

When theyre done with the card they also get the ability to return it to Galaxy to get a real 470.

channelx99

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Do you seriously think it's worth 380 dollars?

Actually yes its more than worth $380 considering youre getting
A. an unreleased video card
B. a card you can exchange for free with Galaxy to get a real GTX 470
C. $380 is the price you will pay for a GTX 470 GC anyways

Youre missing the point, the fact that the card is slower than a 470 doesnt matter

notty22

Distinguished
This is probably a defective gpu that happens to trigger a check in the bios which occasionally identifies it incorrectly as a 465. Because at times it boots and identifies itself as a gtx 470. Its it was truly a 465, it would not do that. If it was a 470 with a complete correct 465 bios, it would not do that.
So there is nothing novelty about the card , imho, beyond its a bummer its defective.

channelx99

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
I dropped the BIN down a lot. Its still an almost $400 card which is what I paid so the starting price is more than justified especially since you can exchange it for a real 470 as Ive said several times.

calinkula

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
The idea that you bought a card, which has problems or isn't what your ordered, and you couldn't either A) exchange it where it was purchased or B) RMA with Galaxy is completely unbelivable.

What did you do to this card where you have to try and dump it on Ebay?

loneninja

Distinguished
No one wants to go through the hassle of exchanging the card to a real 470 when they can just buy a 470 for the same price. Also no tech site is going to buy it, because it is likely they already have one and have the results ready to post, or are already currently working on it. It's called NDA, they aren't allowed to post benchmarks of a product without the companies permission. Your just trying to sell a card off ebay to screw someone else instead of fixing a problem yourself.

channelx99

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Your just trying to sell a card off ebay to screw someone else instead of fixing a problem yourself.

lol you seriously think that? Look at my feedback and check the forum at overclock.net theres another person who got the same 465 card. Why would I try to screw someone over.? Honestly, you think I would risk all the trouble over something so little? Why are you so negative?

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
THis is one of the most rediculous forum threads I've read in a while, Channelx99 you are probably going to sell it, but truth be told it is not worth what you are selling it for.

DO yourself a favor and return the card and get what you paid for --- Noone is going to pay above a 470 price for a lower end 465 -- If Nvidia had only released the lower end cards and you had a higher end one then maybe someone would want it but not the other way around especially when as was already stated I'm sure the production samples are already out there being tested by all the review sites so there is nothing special about it ----- In fact you could probably take any 470 and flash the 465 BIOS to it and get the same result since the chip is exactly the same just the Bios has disabled some parts of the chip which could be done on any 470 or 480 chip by a simple flash and at least then when the novelty ran out you could go back to the better performance that you paid for by reflashing it instead of being stuck with a defective chip like this one might actually be !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS