IGP: MSI K7N2G-L, Leadtek K7NCR18G-PRO

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Has anyone used this board? It has the nForce2 w/ onboard VGA. Seems like a good budget board with all the options considered. The user would be someone who isn't using graphics intensive applications or games. They are using Office apps and kids learning games.

MSI K7N2G-L NVIDIA nFORCE2 CHIPSET ULTRA ATA133 ATX FORM FACTOR 1xAGP(8X)/5xPCI/1xACR/3xDDR W/INTEGRATED VGA,LAN,USB 2.0 & AUDIO (CPU TYPE:AMD DURON, ATHLON)

$123.20

Or maybe the <A HREF="http://www.leadtek.com/motherboards/nforce2/k7ncr18g-pro/k7ncr18g-pro.htm" target="_new">LEADTEK Motherboard K7NCR18G-PRO Nforce2-GT</A> $125.00

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Both seems equal. I would buy the MSI one, because they are more experienced player in the motherboard arena and I have very good experience with my MSI K7N420 Pro (nForce 420-D)mobo and few more MSI mobos

<b> "You can put lipstick on a pig, but hey, it's still a pig!" - RobD </b>

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
I actually found a review that says the MSI board didn't work without Corsair RAM. That is dissappointing to me. If I am buying an IGP board I am looking for an affordable option. The Corsair is great but expensive.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
I am looking for the link and can't seem to locate it. However I am finding some good reviews of the board. Maybe I read the wrong review first. I will continue to look for it and let you know.

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Ok. I found the link. <A HREF="http://www.deviantpc.com/reviews/k7n2g/p6.shtml" target="_new">MSI K7N2G-L Review</A>. The author does have trouble with other memory but he expects that MSI will solve the problem with a BIOS upgrade. This article was published in January. I don't know if they have fixed the problem yet. Thanks for keeping me honest.