User Selection Upon Turning on the Computer

I am the administrator. All users on the account including the Admin
Account possess a passcode. Each time I turn on my computer, it
automatically opens to the Administrator user. The computer does not ask the
user to select which log in (user) to use, nor request a passcode. This
poses a problem because anyone turning on the computer will a have
administative rights.

What changes must I make to ensure that anyone turning on the computer must
select a "user" and enter their passcode?
1
answer
Last reply
More about user selection turning computer

    Hi,

    Start/run "control userpasswords2"

    On the advanced tab, enable the option requiring users to log in with a
    valid username and password. Click apply/ok.

    If you have TweakUI installed, make sure the autologon feature is not
    enabled.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Not Socrates" <Not Socrates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am the administrator. All users on the account including the Admin
    > Account possess a passcode. Each time I turn on my computer, it
    > automatically opens to the Administrator user. The computer does not ask
    > the
    > user to select which log in (user) to use, nor request a passcode. This
    > poses a problem because anyone turning on the computer will a have
    > administative rights.
    >
    > What changes must I make to ensure that anyone turning on the computer
    > must
    > select a "user" and enter their passcode?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP