Sign in with
Your question

Crysis Warhead Problem

Last response: in Video Games
September 23, 2008 7:56:07 AM

Hi

I am having a problem with Crysis Warhead. The game starts in a window and not full screen. When I go to setting and tick the fullscreen setting, my screen goes black with the mouse pointer flickering when i move it. I have also tried the ALT+ENTER solution as a lot of people suggested (it does bring it to full screen but does exactly the same with the black screen and cursor). I have also updated to the latest ATI driver 8.9 with same results. In window mode, the game does work perfectly. Any suggestions?

More about : crysis warhead problem

September 23, 2008 1:57:25 PM

and what card do you have? what OS ?
September 23, 2008 2:22:37 PM

I had a similar problem for HL2 a while back. I found Ctrl-Escing out then Alt-Tabbing back in would solve it.

Might be wishful thinking but you never know!
Related resources
September 23, 2008 4:37:06 PM

i had the same problem, the way i fixed it was when i went into options screen and ticked the box with full screen and it would go fullscreen after u applyed it
September 23, 2008 5:11:12 PM

You could try editing your config crysis config file. Its in "my documents/my games/crysis_warhead/game.cfg".

Find:
r_Fullscreen = 0

Change to

r_Fullscreen = 1

Also set

r_Width =
and
r_Height=

To whatever resolution you require (I would suggest 800x600 to start with)

On another note, the latest ati driver wrecked my pc (bsods everytime I tried a 3d game and very unstable), so I had to go back to the ones that came with my card (Asus 4850) and all is well again. Worth a try?
October 1, 2008 11:46:04 PM

I have had the same issue with my copy of warhead. The game starts in window mode and when I go to the settings menu and click 'full screen' and 'apply', the screen goes black and all I can see is the cursor.

I am running a 512MB 9800gt NVidia graphics card and I am pretty sure the drivers are up to date. I am running vista ultimate 64bit.

This is really frustrating! Can't believe I paid for this game and can't even play it! If anyone knows the fix for this I would be most grateful!

Thanksc
October 2, 2008 2:20:31 AM

Im running the game fine with a 4870 and 8.9 but the thing thats getting me is in crysis wars PB keeps kicking me because PB is not right or something. I play at 1920x1200 with gamer settings and no AA over 30FPS all the time... for the most part.

Try running the game as the admin. it might work?
October 2, 2008 2:28:15 AM

I have the same problem on one profile on my computer, but not on another. Strange? Neither of them are admin either.
October 2, 2008 11:45:53 AM

You could try a re-instal. as troublesome as that sounds, it solved a lot of issues for me bck with the first Crysis
March 2, 2009 1:28:58 AM

I got problems when wan to run the game. When I click the game something pop up and its SECUROM. It write something about fail to check date...something. How to solve this problems? Do I need to connect to internet to deal with SECUROM?
March 5, 2009 2:37:45 AM

People actually bought this travesty?
May 20, 2009 7:54:12 AM

my problem is it says ^ unsupported video card

anyone help me?
!