Change Administrator Password

I just got a new computer with XP Pro. A friend set it up for me and left
the administrator password blank. I have an autistic son who is drawn to
playing with my computer so I want to make it so you need a password to
access the system. How to I change the administrator's password from blank
to something else?

Also, when I step away from my computer, what do I hit to make it
password-only accessable.
2 answers Last reply
More about change administrator password

    Open the Help and Support Center and search for the article entitled: Change
    your password.

    When you step away press Windows key + L.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    "kpullen" <kpullen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I just got a new computer with XP Pro. A friend set it up for me and left
    > the administrator password blank. I have an autistic son who is drawn to
    > playing with my computer so I want to make it so you need a password to
    > access the system. How to I change the administrator's password from
    blank
    > to something else?
    >
    > Also, when I step away from my computer, what do I hit to make it
    > password-only accessable.

    Try from the run command
    control passwords2
    TonySper

    "kpullen" <kpullen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I just got a new computer with XP Pro. A friend set it up for me and
    left
    the administrator password blank. I have an autistic son who is drawn
    playing with my computer so I want to make it so you need a password
    access the system. How to I change the administrator's password from
    blank
    to something else?

    Also, when I step away from my computer, what do I hit to make it
    password-only accessable.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP