Change Administrator Password

I just got a new computer with XP Pro. A friend set it up for me and left
the administrator password blank. I have an autistic son who is drawn to
playing with my computer so I want to make it so you need a password to
access the system. How to I change the administrator's password from blank
to something else?

Also, when I step away from my computer, what do I hit to make it
password-only accessable.

Open the Help and Support Center and search for the article entitled: Change
your password.

When you step away press Windows key + L.
--
Ted Zieglar

"kpullen" <kpullen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just got a new computer with XP Pro. A friend set it up for me and left
> the administrator password blank. I have an autistic son who is drawn to
> playing with my computer so I want to make it so you need a password to
> access the system. How to I change the administrator's password from
blank
> to something else?
>
> Also, when I step away from my computer, what do I hit to make it
> password-only accessable.

Try from the run command
control passwords2
TonySper