Sign in with
Your question

games to buy this year

Last response: in Video Games
September 24, 2008 2:17:57 PM

i am planning on buying three pc guys for the rest of this year:far cry2.fallout3 and cod 5. Are these the best choices or those anyone hav some better choice

More about : games buy year

September 24, 2008 2:40:24 PM

Take a look at the following as well:

Left 4 Dead
Prince Of Persia
Dead Space

All the choices you listed are solid, but these are turning out to look pretty good.
September 24, 2008 2:44:53 PM

You could probably drop fallout3 for left 4 dead and be better off. That would leave you with nothing but shooters too. Which may or may not be a good thing.

Hard to say how the new Fallout will be. I'm hopeful, and I've got one pre-ordered. However, my realistic side tells me I've wasted my money on Oblivion the post apocalyptic story.
Related resources
September 24, 2008 4:18:27 PM

I reckon the new X game (X3:Terran Conflict) will be great, but I'm a self-confessed fanboy of the X series.

GTA IV will be coming to PC too (hopefully this year) - I've always enjoyed that series as well, so probably worth a look.
September 24, 2008 6:00:00 PM

Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead.

Those are the only games I plan now for this year. (unless any of those have Securom, then it's bye to those too). I thank EA for help in cutting my PC game purchases in half for the winter.

PS, I would've bought Mirror's Edge, Red Alert 3 and Spore (which is already out). I bought rented Warhead.
September 24, 2008 11:12:25 PM

i don't think i'll get prince of persia because i already has assassins creed and I might consider GTA IV.
September 25, 2008 4:32:42 AM

Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Witcher Enhanced

I really, really doubt I will buy all three 'cause I just don't have that much time to play games.
September 25, 2008 10:22:18 AM

Thanks to Securom my list too has been dramatically pruned.

Fallout 3 is on preorder, I'm currently playing Warhammer Online.

On consoles I am still looking at Mirror's Edge, Prototype, Ghostbusters, Brutal Legend, maybe Starcraft 2 if it makes it this year, probably a few others I've forgotten.

There have already been a good number of really good titles this year though.
September 25, 2008 2:27:16 PM

darthvaderkenneth said:
i am planning on buying three pc guys for the rest of this year:far cry2.fallout3 and cod 5. Are these the best choices or those anyone hav some better choice

far cry2
fallout3

These two seem to be suitable name's for PC Guys , but i doubt the guy named Cod5 will satisfy.
September 25, 2008 6:39:32 PM

Fallout 3
September 25, 2008 6:46:50 PM

Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, and a maybe on Far Cry 2 and COD5... Need to see if Treyarch is going to live up to the COD franchise this time around or not and Also need to take a BIG look to what Ubi does with Far Cry 2, I'd be wary with the kind of stuff they might want to try to pass up as a "far cry title".

Basically you have to remember that Treyarch is developing COD5 and not infinity ward, and they royally screwed up last time around with COD3. Also Far Cry 2 is being developed by Ubisoft and not Crytek, and Ubisoft is known for putting out turds and selling them as games. Right now with me the only thing those two titles have going for themselves are the franchise names, and that isn't enough for me.
October 7, 2008 11:36:52 AM

might get gta 4 instead of fallout 3 after playing it on my friends ps3.
October 7, 2008 11:52:55 AM

Ouch, that last post kills me! "Hmm I'd rather eat brussel sprouts multiple times than eat chocolate ice cream!" :) 
October 7, 2008 11:55:10 AM

well i can only afford to buy three games and far cry 2 is a must while fallout 3 and cod 5 will depend on the review but gta 4 for consoles was a 10/10 game so its a must buy.
October 7, 2008 9:46:33 PM

Fallout 3
October 7, 2008 10:19:12 PM

My five must-haves are:
* Fallout 3
* Left 4 Dead
* Dead Space
* Red Alert 3 (SecuROM notwithstanding)
* Gears of War 2

I have to say, though, I got to play Call of Duty: World at War's co-op/MP at an Activision preview event (the preview article will be published Wednesday) and it shocked the hell out of me. Great stuff. same MP formula as CoD 4 but with more weapons, custom slots, options, and maps. And the co-op mode is one of the best I've played in some time. Long overdue for the CoD series.
October 8, 2008 2:53:45 AM

Fallout 3, Prince of Persia and NWN2 - Storm (yeah, call me a masochist)
October 14, 2008 3:26:58 PM

Here are the games I'm looking forward to this Fall Season:

10/21/08: Far Cry 2
10/28/08: Fallout III
10/31/08: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
11/11/08: Call Of Duty: World At War
11/18/08: Need For Speed: Undercover
11/18/08: Grand Theft Auto IV

The one game I want to play the most right now is Far Cry 2. I'm giving NFS Undercover and GTA IV a toss-up, as I'm not sure which to check out when they are released, on the same day. I expect both to be hot titles, as NFS is going back to it's roots.

-- MaSoP
October 15, 2008 8:11:24 AM

not sure i can get gta 4 since its rated 18 where I live. Might need to trick my dad into getting it for me. The ratings are so bad where i live that even crysis warhead, haze and the console versions of assassins creed were rated 18+.
October 15, 2008 10:35:23 PM

Far Cry 2
Left For Dead
Mirror's Edge (only PC though. Don't know if it makes it.)
Fallout 3
Red Alert 3

October 16, 2008 6:31:25 PM

Sadly most of the ones on my list are put out by EA or Ubi so they are now banned from my computers due to DRM+limited activations.

That leaves Fallout 3...Whats left good after F3 that's not by EA or Ubi?
October 17, 2008 8:43:19 AM

Fallout 3
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2

The rest of my games disappeared soon as SecuRom Appeared as well.. its a shame cause i think not playing Red Alert 3 might just kill me, not only am i lover of the C&C series but i also have to have the full collection of anything i buy, so missing this one is terrible.
October 17, 2008 11:52:23 AM

Flakes said:
Fallout 3
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2

The rest of my games disappeared soon as SecuRom Appeared as well.. its a shame cause i think not playing Red Alert 3 might just kill me, not only am i lover of the C&C series but i also have to have the full collection of anything i buy, so missing this one is terrible.

Rofl
Lol
Rolflmfho

Did you get the picture.....

No ive stopped being histerical

Isnt Duke Nukem taking Forever comming out this year...

just thought i would mention it.....
October 17, 2008 12:59:04 PM

robwright said:
My five must-haves are:
* Fallout 3
* Left 4 Dead
* Dead Space
* Red Alert 3 (SecuROM notwithstanding)
* Gears of War 2

I have to say, though, I got to play Call of Duty: World at War's co-op/MP at an Activision preview event (the preview article will be published Wednesday) and it shocked the hell out of me. Great stuff. same MP formula as CoD 4 but with more weapons, custom slots, options, and maps. And the co-op mode is one of the best I've played in some time. Long overdue for the CoD series.

Rob, any chance could 'lean' on Eidos and find out if they are in fact developing Thief 4? :D 
October 17, 2008 3:55:02 PM

JeanLuc said:
Rob, any chance could 'lean' on Eidos and find out if they are in fact developing Thief 4? :D 

Eidos isn't saying, but apparently there are a lot of clues that suggest Thief 4 is in development (Eidos Montreal, for example. had job listings for a triple AAA project for a successful franchise that "starts with the letter T"). Eidos wouldn't say anything at E3 this past summer, but I have a feeling they'll probably announce something soon.
October 20, 2008 3:27:57 PM

Depends on what kinda games you like.
For me its FPS and MMORPG
Not sure when it is coming out but Battlefield 3!!! (I have to make do with BF2 which is still up there!, and im gonna look at battlefield heroes, anyone know if this is any good?)
Left 4 Dead - cant wait, gonna be awesome.
Warhammer online - im currently playing and loving but each to their own.
LOTRO Moria update - another ace MMORPG
Oh yeah and the new Duke Nukem when it comes out in the year 2150.
October 20, 2008 10:29:57 PM

Isn't anyone waiting for wolfenstein 3, or is that just too far away.
October 20, 2008 10:58:13 PM

jaguarskx said:
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Witcher Enhanced

I really, really doubt I will buy all three 'cause I just don't have that much time to play games.

Removing Far Cry 2 from my short list due to DRM limitation of only 5 installs (unless that changed recently).
October 24, 2008 11:21:17 PM

Far Cry 2 was very disappointing. If its not too late, take it off the list. Read reviews on my other post.
October 25, 2008 12:12:58 AM

jaguarskx said:
Removing Far Cry 2 from my short list due to DRM limitation of only 5 installs (unless that changed recently).

Don't remove it because of that... remove it because it's a POS nothing like the original Far Cry.

If you want a quick and painless description of Far Cry 2, think clunky GTA-esque gameplay set on Africa on a First Person perspective with a crappy story.
October 25, 2008 12:17:06 AM

Fallout 3 & Left4Dead are the only two on my list.

So disappointed in Far Cry 2.
October 27, 2008 4:24:00 PM

Add me to the list of really dissapointed in Far Cry 2!!!! Terrible and a complete failure. Should have been its own IP and it was terrible all around. One thing I did learn and it really sucks but it's true, Commercials work!

Now on a positive, I LOVE DEAD SPACE!! Great game and thank you for giving me that to bound back from the dissapointment of FC2.
!