Changing setting in Microsoft Security Center

Craig

When WinXP SP2 autoupdate was completed, I found out that all three items
(Firewall, Automatic Updates, and Virus Protection) under Security Center
were permanently "On" by default. Since my computer was pre-installed with
Norton Security System (from Dell), I would like to disable "Virus
Protection" item. Somehow, I was not able to change between "On" and "Off"
(in another words, it was set permanently ON). Is there anyway to change
from On to Off? My computer freezes so often probably due to a conflict
between Virus Protection and Norton Security System. Thank you Satoshi

Symantec has an update that you need to install in order to use NAV 2004
with SP 2. You can get it from Live Update as long as your trial hasn't
expired.

Symantec has not reported that the lack of this update causes a computer to
freeze.
--
Ted Zieglar

"Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When WinXP SP2 autoupdate was completed, I found out that all three items
> (Firewall, Automatic Updates, and Virus Protection) under Security Center
> were permanently "On" by default. Since my computer was pre-installed
with
> Norton Security System (from Dell), I would like to disable "Virus
> Protection" item. Somehow, I was not able to change between "On" and
"Off"
> (in another words, it was set permanently ON). Is there anyway to change
> from On to Off? My computer freezes so often probably due to a conflict
> between Virus Protection and Norton Security System. Thank you
Satoshi

Craig

Thanks. Since SP2 "auto-update" a week (?), the computer freezes so often.
I uninstalled SP2 yesterday. Satoshi