newbee

As you know, when you send an email your identity shows to the person your
mailing it to. How do I change that so it won't come up. I am concerned with
privacy. Also, how do I fix it so that I send my email to "An undisclosed
Recipient" in order to protect the idendity of the person receiving the email?

If you use Outlook Express, when you set up the mail account, you were asked
to input a display name. That is what the people "see", so if you would like
to change that, delete your existing mail account, then create another one,
using the same settings, except in the 'display name' put your first name
only (or atleast a nick name that everyone knows you by, because honestly,
who is going to open an e-mail from "Anonymous"?)
On the second part however, i unfortunately can't help you. That is one of
my questions too, so if you figure that out, please let me know!

-Tony

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:31:04 -0800, Newbee wrote:

> As you know, when you send an email your identity shows to the person your
> mailing it to. How do I change that so it won't come up. I am concerned with
> privacy. Also, how do I fix it so that I send my email to "An undisclosed
> Recipient" in order to protect the idendity of the person receiving the email?

What email program do you use? In most of these, you can edit the account
and change the name to be displayed. Example using Outlook Express: Tools>
Accounts> (highlight the account that you want to change)> Properties. On
the screen that appears, make your changes and click OK.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

martin

Newbee wrote:
> As you know, when you send an email your identity shows to the person
> your mailing it to. How do I change that so it won't come up. I am
> concerned with privacy. Also, how do I fix it so that I send my email
> to "An undisclosed Recipient" in order to protect the idendity of the
> person receiving the email?

You omit to say which email program you use.
Unfortunately, although you can change your name, your email address is
easily identifiable when using message source, assuming you are using
Outlook Express as your email client.
Again assuming Outlook Express, to send to "undisclosed recipients",
when composing a a new message, go to View>All headers and insert the
recipient in the BCC box (Blind carbon copy). One hint - send the email
to yourself in To box.

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)