Still can't access games or Winmx

I'm about ready to give up but I'm gonna give it one more try. I've sent a
post stating that since installing SP2 I cannot access certain games i.e.
Boxerjam or Winmx. I've tried getting help here and at Boxerjam but
everyone thinks it is my firewall. I have turned off the Windows firewall
and I do not any 3rd party firewall installed. Other than that I am pretty
much un-technical. I think my security is set to medium. I also tried
finding the answers to this problem through other newsgroups or on-line help
but no one was able to help me. The only other thing I can add is my
computer also seems to connect to EVERYTHING slower than it used to. I have
a DSL connection. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Even if you
don't, thank you very much for the time and effort you have already given
me.

Sandee

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:21:01 -0600, Sandee wrote:

> I'm about ready to give up but I'm gonna give it one more try. I've sent a
> post stating that since installing SP2 I cannot access certain games i.e.
> Boxerjam or Winmx. I've tried getting help here and at Boxerjam but
> everyone thinks it is my firewall. I have turned off the Windows firewall
> and I do not any 3rd party firewall installed. Other than that I am pretty
> much un-technical. I think my security is set to medium. I also tried
> finding the answers to this problem through other newsgroups or on-line help
> but no one was able to help me. The only other thing I can add is my
> computer also seems to connect to EVERYTHING slower than it used to. I have
> a DSL connection. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Even if you
> don't, thank you very much for the time and effort you have already given
> me.
>
> Sandee

A few more suggestions for you: add Boxerjam and Winmx to your trusted
sites under Security in Internet Options. If the games are provided in pop
up boxes, check Tools> Pop Up Blocker> Pop Up Blocker Settings to be sure
pop ups are allowed for those sites.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

That is good tech advice to test and check for problems. You are very smart
or wise or both!
Best wishes.

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:21:01 -0600, Sandee wrote:
>
> > I'm about ready to give up but I'm gonna give it one more try. I've
sent a
> > post stating that since installing SP2 I cannot access certain games
i.e.
> > Boxerjam or Winmx. I've tried getting help here and at Boxerjam but
> > everyone thinks it is my firewall. I have turned off the Windows
firewall
> > and I do not any 3rd party firewall installed. Other than that I am
pretty
> > much un-technical. I think my security is set to medium. I also tried
> > finding the answers to this problem through other newsgroups or on-line
help
> > but no one was able to help me. The only other thing I can add is my
> > computer also seems to connect to EVERYTHING slower than it used to. I
have
> > a DSL connection. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Even if you
> > don't, thank you very much for the time and effort you have already
given
> > me.
> >
> > Sandee
>
> A few more suggestions for you: add Boxerjam and Winmx to your trusted
> sites under Security in Internet Options. If the games are provided in pop
> up boxes, check Tools> Pop Up Blocker> Pop Up Blocker Settings to be sure
> pop ups are allowed for those sites.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

martin

Sandee wrote:
I have turned off the Windows firewall
> and I do not any 3rd party firewall installed.
> Sandee

Hmmmm, i'm not sure thats wise Sandy. But tell me, you're not connected via
a router with an in-built firewall are you?

--
Best Wishes from Martin

So many questions, so few answers.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:30:50 -0600, CajunClickers @hotmail.com wrote:

> That is good tech advice to test and check for problems. You are very smart
> or wise or both!

Thanks but you forgot a possibility... maybe I've run into a few sites
since adding SP2 that don't work quite like they used and had to come up
with a way to get them to work for me ;^)
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Did you get a good reply?