Unable to save to disc

slinger

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004

I have a toshiba A30 laptop I am trying to save files to disc but when the
wizard comes up it tells me there is no disc in the "D" drive when there is

Explain more about the A and the D drive.
The a should be a floppy
The D should be a CD-R which you have to use your burning software.

"Slinger" <Slinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a toshiba A30 laptop I am trying to save files to disc but when the
> wizard comes up it tells me there is no disc in the "D" drive when there
is

It could be a few different things. Here are some ideas. First, is your D
drive an external cd rom? You do need a cd-r in order to copy files, cd rom
is for playing, cd-r, or cd-rw is for copying. Try updating the drivers.
Also, you can check the manufacturers site for any troubleshooting disk
error messages.
Also, it could be the cd's ..some are just not quality enough.

<CajunClickers @ hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Explain more about the A and the D drive.
> The a should be a floppy
> The D should be a CD-R which you have to use your burning software.
>
> "Slinger" <Slinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a toshiba A30 laptop I am trying to save files to disc but when
the
> > wizard comes up it tells me there is no disc in the "D" drive when there
> is

Boot into safe mode
remove the cd
reboot into normal mode
it picks up the correct drivers for the cd-r

"Slinger" <Slinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a toshiba A30 laptop I am trying to save files to disc but when the
> wizard comes up it tells me there is no disc in the "D" drive when there
is

I too am a new user. I have text files in folders "ready to be copied" to
disk" and my wizard also tells me there is no disk in drive. I have a cdrw
internal on a new desk top system using windows xp. Your advise to boot into
a safe mode needs to be explained in detail. tku